My dog was about to pee on his distant relative when I cried "wolf!"
zot4TSI.jpg

Go poop and scoop in those woods over there!
S4xkMiz.jpg

But there's no green grass he wimpered
g5B5qZ8.jpg

And no benches to sit watching condoKIDS
coks8Fs.jpg

But there's public space
4MeOiTU.jpg

Hey there nimby friends--4 legged or not--condo art is going to the dogs ... um wolves
8pFqspC.jpg

But it's better than the architecture
BDfgrxc.jpg

0YMf3Ck.jpg

aCsg7z4.jpg

And so it 'twas we scooped the folks at UT :p

They're not wolves!

Like I said on the last page, a story is coming soon!

You're right, they're coyotes. Why was I thinking about wolves grr?

Looks like you will have to rewrite your little poem :)

My dog was about to pee on his distant relative when I cried "wolf!"

Go poop and scoop in those woods over there!

But there's no green grass he wimpered

And no benches to sit watching condoKIDS

But there's public space

Hey there nimby friends--4 legged or not--condo art is going to the dogs ... um wolves

But it's better than the architecture

And so it 'twas we scooped the folks at UT :p

Oh I like that. The sculptures and image of the woods is pretty cool. Looks perhaps a bit too edgy/ dark to suite the building. Though in context to the park across the street makes sense.

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

So, the front page story is here, and it tells you a little more about the public art, and includes a video of it all, including the digital environment. Consider it an introduction, as we intend to get more info on how the digital environment was created, and what it's capable of. Meanwhile, an assortment of shots from the evening which didn't make the front page cut are here…

IMG_8094.jpg

DSC06148.jpg

DSC06223.jpg

DSC06229.jpg

Our writer Stefan Novakovic talks with Elle Flanders and Tamira Sawatzky
DSC06231.jpg

DSC06252.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06148.jpg
    DSC06148.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 1,505
  • DSC06223.jpg
    DSC06223.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 1,533
  • DSC06224.jpg
    DSC06224.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC06229.jpg
    DSC06229.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 1,500
  • DSC06231.jpg
    DSC06231.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 1,767
  • DSC06252.jpg
    DSC06252.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,488
  • IMG_8094.jpg
    IMG_8094.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 1,502
Yawn this corner unit is gonna be a Rabba
OlQohHW.jpg

Really stupid idea ultimately in today's world of instaBOREDOM
iAcYGGt.jpg

So far residents appear very suburban oriented--drive everywhere it seems. Curious to see if this bike rack fills up as more tenants move in
r7BC8oA.jpg

The coyote and her puppy are a favourite of kids.

Mom2Cubs.jpg

Attachments

• Mom2Cubs.jpg
    Mom2Cubs.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 1,118
So far residents appear very suburban oriented--drive everywhere it seems.
That's disappointing, no wonder the city has big traffic issues. This is a great neighborhood to walk or cycle around, with excellent transit around it. There's really no excuse to be driving around everywhere when you live here.

That's disappointing, no wonder the city has big traffic issues. This is a great neighborhood to walk or cycle around, with excellent transit around it. There's really no excuse to be driving around everywhere when you live here.

He's just speculating.

^Not really as they're my neighbours. While I do see some people walking their dogs the majority of residents do appear to drive everywhere--eg: I watched one resident drive from their new condo parking garage to the Tim Horton's that's literally a 5 minute walk from here!

Anyway, iirc reading correctly, Red Bean Espresso is moving from the future North Drive Picnic Condos' site to a unit in this building. So we get a pizza joint, a Rabba, a coffee shop and a condo sales centre here if I've read the signs right.

I almost feel sorry for the folks that paid around a million bucks to live in the absurdly cramped and poorly laid out townhomes at street level.
Y0dW9QM.jpg

I wish a couple of 383 Sorauren-style red brick buildings with extensive terraces stepping back from a varied 4-8 storey podium along Bloor had been built here instead with a solid streetwall along Bloor. Or a red brick version of B.streets.

I think the front courtyard breaks up a solid street wall well here. And the pizza 'joint' isn't a Pizza Pizza outlet it's an actual Italian restaurant. The first 8 floors are fine, but the 6 on top are a mess and ruin the building. The towns are really nice.

I still think this condo looks like a hospital, but I'm really looking forward to having more grocery options and a coffee shop in the neighbourhood.

Back