Demolition Crews are on site NOW!!!!!!

Gah, my appointment up there for tonight was cancelled last minute. I wanted to take some pix0rs.

As for the location of the camera, I'd say the Sheppard centre apartments would probably offer the best vantage for the digging, and the Nestle building once it is out of the hole.

I thought this was the Hullmark thread...?

Emerald Park and Gibson square are both in vicinity; Emerald is just across Yonge and Gibson Square is a few blocks north. They are not less relevant to this threat than the discussion of the merits of Whole Foods...

Emerald Park and Gibson square are both in vicinity; Emerald is just across Yonge and Gibson Square is a few blocks north. They are not less relevant to this threat than the discussion of the merits of Whole Foods...

Except that there will be a Whole Foods within the development, not across Yonge or a few blocks north...

Just took a look. They have erected fencing around most of the site, presumably with a plan to let the cars currently parked there out. There are signs "danger demolition." Some equipment is now in place at the back of the plaza. I would imagine they are setting all this up ready to start in earnest on Monday. It's definitely happening now. Very good news.

I took a quick shot, the fence has DANGER DEMOLITION sign. I'll try to get better shots tomorrow.

hc3.jpg

hc4r.jpg

Last edited:
about time; this whole intersection is one big parking lot... well, with exception of the north-east corner.

Being a 'green' demolition, it's going to take longer than normal to dismantle this plaza as they try to salvage everything they can.

hullmarkdemo.jpg

Back