Isn't it fully funded anyway?

There is a promissory note that the province will pay for it. That doesn't mean much because the province also holds the ability to cancel it.

Compare to the Spadina Subway extension where both the province and the feds transferred funds into a trust account held by the City of Toronto. That was a fully funded project.

Debt (for the most part) has not been taken on with funds sitting in a bank-account. Work that has been done (utilities, engineering/design/ea) has/will been paid for by the province.

I see. Well I certainly hope that it is built. There have been too many past cases, both roads and transit, that were planned and then cancelled and now the public is worse off because of those decisions.

I see. Well I certainly hope that it is built. There have been too many past cases, both roads and transit, that were planned and then cancelled and now the public is worse off because of those decisions.

Or better. I'm glad not all the highway's in Toronto were built.

The worst would be if you spend billions and no one actually rides it. We already have Sheppard which is underutilized (arguably). Which other lines could also be huge siphons of cash for generations?

I think the Hurontario LRT will be a success. But also glad that on Dundas they are starting with BRT (which Mississauga should have done on Hurontario 10 years ago).

Wonder what Allan's views are on the HuLRT? Tweet here by a CBC reporter.

2I0aTwi

Last edited:
Well Granic Allen's nomination and potential win, combined with a DoFo win would spell the 100% end of the Hurontario LRT. Hurontario would be used as a prime example for DoFo of "ripping up streets for streetcars" and "waging a war against cars".

As far as i'm concerned, both the Finch and Hurontario LRTs are still jeopardy regardless of what contracts are signed. We've all seen that Granc Allen doesn't care what contracts are signed because she would "tear them all up". DoFo's thinking falls along bush, so we know for a fact that he could not care less either.

Reactions: jys
Wonder what Allan's views are on the HuLRT? Tweet here by a CBC reporter.

2I0aTwi
Thanks for the update but wow, this is really terrible. I though that a regressive and socially conservative person like her would pick some other more rural place. Doesn't she live somewhere out in the sticks? Her and her backwards attitude have no place in a wonderful city like Mississauga. This is gonna be really bad for progress in this city (provided that she gets elected).

Thanks for the update but wow, this is really terrible. I though that a regressive and socially conservative person like her would pick some other more rural place. Doesn't she live somewhere out in the sticks? Her and her backwards attitude have no place in a wonderful city like Mississauga. This is gonna be really bad for progress in this city (provided that she gets elected).

The tweet was very one sided. As expected from our "wonderful" reporters at the public broadcaster. There were some alleged issues with the nomination & election process. It doesn't matter if its a female nor Filipino. The rules are the rules. Patrick Brown and his cronies may have let it slide. But the alleged complaint was strong enough that a new vote was called.'

I believe this is an open nomination battle so others can compete. And the PC's in the riding will pick their candidate. Hopefully without the same alleged issues that occurred last time.

The more I write the more pissed off I get that the CBC is more concerned about race and gender than an alleged issue with the democratic process.

@muller877 Amen to everything you said. I will add that (and it needs repeating in this generally left leaning forum) that being conservative =/= bigotry, just like someone holding different views than you doesn't make them a bigot. Oh, and identity politics needs to vanish.

The tweet was very one sided. As expected from our "wonderful" reporters at the public broadcaster. There were some alleged issues with the nomination & election process. It doesn't matter if its a female nor Filipino. The rules are the rules. Patrick Brown and his cronies may have let it slide. But the alleged complaint was strong enough that a new vote was called.'

I believe this is an open nomination battle so others can compete. And the PC's in the riding will pick their candidate. Hopefully without the same alleged issues that occurred last time.

The more I write the more pissed off I get that the CBC is more concerned about race and gender than an alleged issue with the democratic process.
I absolutely agree with fair nominations. However, maybe they should at least provide the public with some reason as to why they are reopening an already done nomination? It does not look good for the PCs to just rip it up seemly randomly.
I will add that (and it needs repeating in this generally left leaning forum) that being conservative =/= bigotry, just like someone holding different views than you doesn't make them a bigot. Oh, and identity politics needs to vanish.
Agreed, and by her being regressive I meant that she is quite regressive even within the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario.

Last edited:
Once this project is built one will be able to go from Scarborough or anywhere on the TTC all the way to Square One by rail, thats prety cool
unless you live in Scarbororugh, or anywhere else on the TTC, but are not walking distance to "rail" in which case you will, I guess, take a bus?

But, for fun, lets say I live near STC and walk over there....so I take the SRT to the Line 2....to, I guess, Yonge and Bloor, to switch to line 1 to take it down to Union and wait for a GO train on either the Lakeshore line or the Milton line (depending on day of the week and time of day) to then switch to the HuLRT to Square 1.....I'd be surprised if doing all that to be able to say "my entire trip was by rail" produces the most effective route from Scarborough to Square 1.

Drum118 do you or anyone else know when the RFP Closes. I remember seeing it somewhere but I can’t find it. I thought it was Sometime this month.....

Back