Some new renderings of Port Credit station/GO via Twitter. Subject to change, but lookin' good.

DZzXMGPXUAEgmCi.jpg:large

DZzZJ3QWsAA-9Ht.jpg:large

The only info I have is from that link to the open house presentation. The plans have changed since last summer, but the roll plans online from summer 2017 do not show a crossover at the south end of the line.

Thanks, I found them. I'm happy that they have rationalized a lot of the vehicle lane configurations since the 2014 EA. There are 6 lane sections around the 403 and 407 again, though the lack of a 6 lane bit around the 401 confuses me. I realize that the 401 has the ramp extensions that allow traffic to route around Hurontario.. but still, It's probably the busiest interchange out of the 4 interchanges.

In general I've noticed that Metrolinx has improved vehicle movement in all of the LRT plans compared to the original EAs. The original EA's often proposed configurations that would have been really poor for cars.

I'm still concerned overall for Hurontario in a 4 lane configuration.. I'm sure it'll work OK, but traffic is going to be pretty busy, especially around Square One.

New release:

News Release

New Brampton Facility will Support Over 600 Jobs and Boost Public Transit
April 10, 2018

Ontario Partners with Alstom to Assemble Light Rail Vehicles for Peel and GTHA
Ontario is supporting over 600 jobs and delivering more public transit for communities in Peel Region and the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) with the opening of a new assembly facility for light rail vehicles (LRVs) in Brampton.

Steven Del Duca, Minister of Economic Development and Growth, was in Brampton today to announce the future home of Alstom's new LRV assembly facility. In May 2017, Ontario announced a contract with Alstom to provide 61 vehicles for light rail transit (LRT) projects in the GTHA, with an option to acquire an additional 44 vehicles.

The contract, which is worth $528 million, will create between 100 and 120 full-time jobs in the new Alstom facility in Brampton, and support an additional 400 to 500 spinoff jobs. It will ensure that Metrolinx has the high-quality vehicles needed to open its LRT projects in the GTHA on time.

Ontario's plan to support care, create opportunity and make life more affordable during this period of rapid economic change includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable child care, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25, and 65 or over, through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.

QUICK FACTS
  • Ontario added 10,600 jobs in March. Since the recession in 2008, Ontario has gained more than 800,000 new jobs, and currently has the lowest unemployment rate in 17 years. Last year, 500 new jobs were created, on average, each day.
  • Since 2003, Ontario has invested about $16 billion in priority rapid transit projects in the GTHA, including $1.4 billion for the Hurontario LRT and $8.4 billion for rapid transit projects in the City of Toronto such as the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and the Finch West LRT.
  • Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
QUOTES
"The new Alstom assembly plant will create jobs in Brampton and enable the growth of public transit across the GTHA and Peel. This new facility will supply state-of-the-art light rail vehicles that are crucial elements of the transit system and part of the largest infrastructure investment in Ontario’s history."
Steven Del Duca, Minister of Economic Development and Growth

"The Alstom facility will ensure that Ontario has the vehicles we need so that our LRT projects across the GTHA begin service on schedule. High-quality rapid transit is an essential part of our government’s plan to connect people across this region with jobs and opportunities and we are committed to delivering this much-needed service on time."
Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Transportation

"This project is great news for Brampton, as it will support over 600 jobs. It’s a vote of confidence in the economic growth of our community and an important step in the development of rapid transit across the region."
Harinder Malhi, MPP for Brampton-Springdale

"Metrolinx is excited about Alstom’s new facility in Brampton and we look forward to the assembly of light rail vehicles to begin. Establishing the facility is a key progress milestone to delivering the Hurontario and Finch LRT projects for our customers."
Phil Verster, President and CEO, Metrolinx

"Alstom is thrilled to announce today we are opening a second industrial site in Ontario for the production of our ‘made for North America’ Citadis Spirit light rail vehicle. This second facility confirms Alstom’s commitment to the ongoing transformation of the Canadian transportation landscape and the trust our clients have in the quality of our technology."
Angelo Guercioni, Managing Director, Alstom Canada

Steven Del Duca, Minister of Economic Development and Growth, was in Brampton today to announce the future home of Alstom's new LRV assembly facility

This is what is wrong with these re-announcements of previous announcements.

Since we already knew it was in Brampton, annoncing the future home today should have been where in Brampton (not that that is Ministerial level work) but this gives no new information at all.

This is what is wrong with these re-announcements of previous announcements.

Since we already knew it was in Brampton, annoncing the future home today should have been where in Brampton (not that that is Ministerial level work) but this gives no new information at all.

That's not a re-announcement, it's a ribbon cutting.

Back