Line 7 is supposed to be the vapourware Eglinton East LRT. No idea what lines 8 and 9 will be but you can rest assured they will not be built in the natural lifespans of 90% of the forum.
So... why is this Line 10? I thought Finch was just line 6, which ones are Lines 7 through 9?

TTC uses Line 8 for Jane LRT.

I think the idea is that it's separated somewhat from the other numbers, and that Hurontario used to be Highway 10.

I guess that means that a Line 5 branch needs to leave Renforth, drop down to Dundas, Anne head towards Hamilton.

I can't wait until Line 11! :)

So... why is this Line 10? I thought Finch was just line 6, which ones are Lines 7 through 9?
The real answer is that someone thought it was cute to call it line 10 in honour of provincial highway 10 which, decades ago, ran along Hurontario.

EDIT: Just realized I opened this tab and the answer was given after I opened it but before I responded. Oops.

Line 7 is supposed to be the vapourware Eglinton East LRT. No idea what lines 8 and 9 will be but you can rest assured they will not be built in the natural lifespans of 90% of the forum.
Lines 8 and 9 are "reserved" for the Jane and Sheppard East LRTs respectively by the TTC. Presumably Line 9 will be designation of the route that runs between Sheppard-McCowan and Malvern town Centre of Phase 2 of Eglinton is ever built (let alone Phase 1)

It’s also the first route outside the City of Toronto and it parallels historical Highway 10 (as much as it drives @Transportfan bananas). It’s fine! And it’s a lot easier to say and type than Doug’s crony.

(If Hamilton’s LRT gets numbered, it should be Line 11, for CHCH.)
Wasn't the Ion also a Metrolinx LRT? It's number is 301.

Wasn't the Ion also a Metrolinx LRT? It's number is 301.
No it was Waterloo project with a few Metrolinx LRV going to ION due to Metrolinx design issues and delaying production of the LRV's.

May 1
More up on my site
53708960589_e4f549604b_b.jpg

53708632866_da2028b61a_b.jpg

Need to check the Matheson station to see if the concrete has been pour
53708632406_7026283b55_b.jpg

53707719012_ac57d4fe91_b.jpg

Matheson Substation East Of The Shell Station
53707718857_9f71dbc069_b.jpg

53709063935_9927ff88b7_b.jpg

Not sure where to mention it, but just now at Cooksville station there were 7 construction workers discussing something right by where I come up to the station from Hurontario. They were standing around where the Presto machines are.

I don’t know what company they were from—the only one whose logo I could identify was a hard hat from CP.

Could it be planning for Milton 15 minute service? Or just minor stuff related to the Hurontario LRT? Impossible to say.

ION was a Region of Waterloo-led project. IO did the procurement however.
The Region also opted into Metrolinx's order for the vehicles, thinking it would save money...which it did but at the cost that the vehicles arrived nearly a year after all the infrastructure was done.

Back