I was in this building last month and two issues stood out:

- There is no parking garage door. They have left the garage completely open, which is weird for both efficiency and security reasons.

- The lobby layout is terrible. One must navigate a strange narrow hallway to get to the elevators.

there normally is a garage door between visitors' and residents' but i found they left it open the two times i went during business hours during the week, perhaps for the customer care parking.

I was in this building last month and two issues stood out:

- There is no parking garage door. They have left the garage completely open, which is weird for both efficiency and security reasons.

- The lobby layout is terrible. One must navigate a strange narrow hallway to get to the elevators.

Kinda new to this forum, but can someone comment on what single thing they can do to improve the building this late in the game?

knock it down and start again?

I like this project a lot as well but I can't get passed the streetfront treatment. Those oversized planters and colonnade are probably the worst thing you could do for retail and the pedestrian experience. It's cavernous. Plaza seems to have a lot of trouble getting their streetfront right.

I like this project a lot as well but I can't get passed the streetfront treatment. Those oversized planters and colonnade are probably the worst thing you could do for retail and the pedestrian experience. It's cavernous. Plaza seems to have a lot of trouble getting their streetfront right.

I totally agree. The design of the building turned out great and I especially like that a conservative developer like Plaza made this happen, however it's way too bad that the ground floor is such a let down and a huge missed opportunity. It could have been a big improvement to the streetscape for this up and coming area.

I totally agree. The design of the building turned out great and I especially like that a conservative developer like Plaza made this happen, however it's way too bad that the ground floor is such a let down and a huge missed opportunity. It could have been a big improvement to the streetscape for this up and coming area.

How much input does the city have here? The retail should be 9ft at minimum. Anything lower would be a non-starter. Then to make it worse they add those planter boxes. Just a massive head-scratcher. This still turned out better than 90 % of the stuff Plaza builds, though.

Front courtyard work continues.

FullSizeRender copy.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,222
IMG_5509.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 960
not exactly sure what they're planning for this..... I'm all for the greenery, but the layout seems very odd.

The entrance/landscaping from above
IMG_3860.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 724

Back