A624C8EA-78AA-4155-ADAC-BAAD9573901C.jpeg

The Development and Timeline

A 32-storey residential building is being constructed by Mutual Street Inc. at 59-71 Mutual Street. The site is bounded by a private two-storey building (73 Mutual Street) to the north, a public laneway to the east, private three-storey building (55 Mutual Street) to the south and Mutual Street to the west. The development, in its completed form, will consist of 268 dwelling units with ground-floor retail and a three-level underground parking garage for approximately 57 vehicles. Permanent access will be from Mutual Street.

A detailed review of the construction schedule was undertaken by the developer to minimize the project duration and impacts of the construction on all road users. Based on the information provided by the developer, the entire site will be excavated lot line to lot line on all four sides. The developer has advised that due to limited availability of space, all construction activities, including delivery and storage of construction materials, cannot be accommodated within the site.

Major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are described below:

• Excavation and shoring: March 2021 to July 2021;
• Below grade formwork: July 2021 to December 2021;
• Above grade formwork: December 2021 to June 2023;
• Building envelope phase: August 2022 to August 2023; and
• Interior finishes stage: October 2022 to June 2024.

A construction staging area will be set up within the road right-of-way on the east side of Mutual Street and west side of the public laneway abutting the site for a period of 29 months.

The Development and Timeline

A 32-storey residential building is being constructed by Mutual Street Inc. at 59-71 Mutual Street. The site is bounded by a private two-storey building (73 Mutual Street) to the north, a public laneway to the east, private three-storey building (55 Mutual Street) to the south and Mutual Street to the west. The development, in its completed form, will consist of 268 dwelling units with ground-floor retail and a three-level underground parking garage for approximately 57 vehicles. Permanent access will be from Mutual Street.

A detailed review of the construction schedule was undertaken by the developer to minimize the project duration and impacts of the construction on all road users. Based on the information provided by the developer, the entire site will be excavated lot line to lot line on all four sides. The developer has advised that due to limited availability of space, all construction activities, including delivery and storage of construction materials, cannot be accommodated within the site.

Major construction activities and associated timelines for the development are described below:

• Excavation and shoring: March 2021 to July 2021;
• Below grade formwork: July 2021 to December 2021;
• Above grade formwork: December 2021 to June 2023;
• Building envelope phase: August 2022 to August 2023; and
• Interior finishes stage: October 2022 to June 2024.

A construction staging area will be set up within the road right-of-way on the east side of Mutual Street and west side of the public laneway abutting the site for a period of 29 months.
How come it will spend more than 4 years constructing a single 32-floor building. That's funny.

How come it will spend more than 4 years constructing a single 32-floor building. That's funny.

If we're going by the projected completion forecast, then June 2024 is actually closer to 3 years. Which is pretty typical for a building of this scale. Although as with most developments some potential delays may also be expected.

If we're going by the projected completion forecast, then June 2024 is actually closer to 3 years. Which is pretty typical for a building of this scale. Although as with most developments some potential delays may also be expected.
Right, my bad math. But 3 year is still longer than my expectation. Then in total it will take ~ 7 years from my purchase date to final closing date

Right, my bad math. But 3 year is still longer than my expectation. Then in total it will take ~ 7 years from my purchase date to final closing date
Adjust your expectations then. That amount of time for construction is absolutely typical for buildings of this size. Granted, getting this building going took a little longer than most, what with the ownership change.

Back