The combination of the pandemic and the toddler starting to eat turned our grocery shopping habits around 180 degrees. Before those happened, we were both out and about every day, so would just stop at whatever happened to be convenient for us to buy what we needed that day, whether it was Metro, or a butcher/fish place, etc. We'd keep an up to date grocery list (thanks, Anylist and Alexa!) and just grab what was on it. On the weekend sometimes we'd go out to those big suburban grocery stores like Adonis, or Al or Nations. We never planned anything ahead unless we were having people over.

The combination of wanting to limit grocery trips, and having to make sure each meal included food that is delicious and nutritious for a toddler means we now plan out the whole week of meals, and do one trip to No Frills early in the week and one trip to the market later in the week. And of course we're all cooped up in the apartment every day, so don't happen to be in other neighbourhoods unless it's deliberate. So convenience in our neighbourhood has become even more important than it used to be. And St. Lawrence can't be beat for that.

Seaton Village is quite good, especially up near Christie and Dupont: Loblaws, Fiesta Farms, and Sobeys (which will soon enough be replaced by a Farm Boy). Summerhill Market not too far away too, if you're into their prices…

Because of the construction that is about to launch under our balcony we've started to talk about moving, and that would definitely be an area we'd consider. There's just not a lot of housing there that's close to the subway.

Because of the construction that is about to launch under our balcony we've started to talk about moving, and that would definitely be an area we'd consider. There's just not a lot of housing there that's close to the subway.

dude this is every post you make lately. You realize this is a city right? Moving to escape construction is a gamble. I'm sure 33 sherbourne wasn't even proposed when you bought here. If you are over it, your options are basically cough up enough money for a detached house or move to the suburbs.

I think I have only complained about this once around here, and I've posted a lot more times about how much the toddler likes to watch the construction site!

I do know this is a city, and we bought this place knowing that we'd be living over a construction site and losing our view. The noise is more annoying than I expected, but I think I've also said that's partially because I'm home all day these days. But knowing that after two years of Time+Space construction, with the end starting to be in sight for that, we are going to have another three years of the same, what's wrong with thinking about moving?

There are a lot of places you can live in this city that are not detached houses (which I'm not interested in), that are not suburbs (which I'm not interested in), that have good access to transit and groceries, and have a lot less construction activity than Front and Sherbourne. This area is exciting to be in right now, but it comes with tradeoffs.

Looking towards where this development will rise in front of the Globe & Mail Centre. Taken July 31:

35 - Globe and Mail.JPG

A report to the Sept 22nd Executive Ctte shows this one is line for some serious Corporate Welfare in the form of IMIT grants.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ec/bgrd/backgroundfile-170498.pdf

From said report:

1631800691358.png

Note, that based on my reading of the report, the dates for the grants are flipped in this image, with the grant for this site kicking in, in 2027

A report to the Sept 22nd Executive Ctte shows this one is line for some serious Corporate Welfare in the form of IMIT grants.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ec/bgrd/backgroundfile-170498.pdf

From said report:

View attachment 349306

Note, that based on my reading of the report, the dates for the grants are flipped in this image, with the grant for this site kicking in, in 2027
Well with that it looks like we have confirmation the IMIT is in fact still active, and the program has not been cancelled.

As i've said before, more or less for the past 5 years or so now, there is absolutely no reason why this program needs to continue to exist. The downtown core has absolutely 0 trouble in attracting office development, and like i said before we need a "reverse" IMIT (or in other words a program that would attract office development to Toronto's other city centres).

I love how this city continues to whine that they dont have money to do this, and that. Control the things you can control; stop wasting money on grants which serve absolutely 0 purpose.

New renderings are updated in the database. The overall building storey count changed from 39 and 27 storey to 39 and 28 storeys. The overall building heights changed from 140m & 123m to 140m & 127m. The overall unit count remains the same at 310 units. Finally, the overall parking spaces decreased from 370 parking spaces to 361 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning Application:

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-6.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-13.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-14.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-15.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-17.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans (2 of 2) - FEB 28  2022-18.jpg

From the Cover Letter of February 25, 2022:

1647526371268.png

1647526418176.png

From the new Planning Report:

1647526567383.png