I work in one of the buildings directly underneath the new development, would they be closed? I can't see how they can construct this massive tower without clearing out the below levels.

I work in one of the buildings directly underneath the new development, would they be closed? I can't see how they can construct this massive tower without clearing out the below levels.
Coca Cola's offices, for example, are to the north of the expansion, so if you're in there, I expect you'd be impacted by increased noise and reduced access to natural light, but not kicked off your desk.

I'll be happy once I see the rendering with the No Frills :p

I think No Frills, LCBO and Dollarama are being demolished, so if that's what you're talking about, it will probably be closed. I don't think anything else will be.
I hope the No Frills finds another location close by. I go there every week. Great walkable grocery store.

I hope the No Frills finds another location close by. I go there every week. Great walkable grocery store.

There will be a new grocery store in the finished development.

I am not aware of a planned temporary store at the moment.

Last I heard, No Frills will stay but shrink during construction and then expand a bit. May be wishful thinking as it's a good store with very nice staff! I was there today. (LCBO, Dollerama and CIBC are going - maybe for ever.)

They say they will stay, but isn't their loading dock in the LCBO building, which will be torn down?

My wife goes to No Frills every week on Monday or Tuesday. I go to St. Lawrence Market every week on Friday. Perfect symbiosis.

I wish front street was as wide as it looks in the picture...
1647526931225-png.385836

^^^ I wish the sidewalks were as wide as they look in the picture. They're obnoxiously narrow along this stretch. Hopefully that'll change.

Sidewalks will be widened on both sides.

Somewhat on the southside which is relying mostly on the benefit of the City's plan to narrow the vehicle lanes on Front and redistribute that space to the sidewalks; while this development will produce further widening on the north side.

You're looking at sidewalk next to this development in the range of 6M (* may include space on private property, and includes the street tree zone). The landscape drawings show a minimum curb-side sidewalk width in the range of 2.6M (clearway), then the row of trees then another space between the trees and the building mixing walking space and seating.

1647593133517.png

Last edited:
There will be a new grocery store in the finished development.

I am not aware of a planned temporary store at the moment.

Last I heard, No Frills will stay but shrink during construction and then expand a bit. May be wishful thinking as its a good store with very nice staff! I was there today. (LCBO, Dollerama and CIBC are going - maybe for ever.)

Which of these is it?

No frills leaves and I riot! :p

On a serious note though, we do need a low cost and dare I say no frill grocery store in the area.

Last edited:
Count me in on Team No Frills.

A nice-to-have for this block of developments would be if they could find a way to create a mini-PATH that would connect the concourse of the Ontario Line station on the east side of Berkeley across all the way to the west side, such that you could walk indoors from the station to Princess Street. That would be quite popular among the office tenants and the local residents.

Last edited:
They say they will stay, but isn't their loading dock in the LCBO building, which will be torn down?
They managed to maintain the loading dock area of the Bay-Adelaide while doing construction so I am sure that can be dealt with - clearly if there's No Frills there it needs to get new deliveries!

Back