So that .90 doesn't include and heating/water/electricity, I think that's the cost of these more elebrote projects with a lot of maintenance, I'm glad they're starting with a much more reasonable per square foot cost ... the average in the gta is ~ 0.6 ~ 0.7 but of course it varies a lot by area/building age, many factors.

Regarding the common fees, I know there are excited future owners on this site, but I have serious concerns about the cost sharing borne by the condo corp on this project. I reviewed it for a friend when they were in their cooling off period and was a bit perturbed at Westbank for taking advantage of some of the cost-sharing $$ that were in the condo board budget and even some of the loose language written about access to the pool (future privately run spa access?) etc. It was all way too much in Westbank's favour and appeared that the residents of the condo would be subsidizing part of Westbank's private interests in the development. I almost think that every condo purchaser should be forced to show proof before they close the deal that they hired a lawyer to review their condo docs in detail and they were advised on what the fine print actually said.

I almost think that every condo purchaser should be forced to show proof before they close the deal that they hired a lawyer to review their condo docs in detail and they were advised on what the fine print actually said.

Caveat emptor. If a buyer doesn't want to do due diligence, that's their call - everyone has the information. If they think $0.90/psf is sustainable, that's their judgement call.

Realistically, nobody will know for another 5+ yrs and even then, it will depend on how they manage the reserve fund. They can assume a major maintenance project on planter/trees needed every [30] years instead of [10] years to reduce monthly maintenance. They can assume a list of options from a) all trees do not need replacing after [x] years, to b) all the trees die and need replacement after [x] years, providing a significant variance in the reserve fund requirements.

mockup of the glass facade:

Thats pretty good from what I can see, I like the different opacity on different cells.

My question now is how good are those glass panes at heat retention? Cause if there is going to be a whole wall of them, they better be able to keep the room warm in the winter

Heavy equipment and dumpsters are onsite next to the old Starbucks. Looks like gutting of the main buildings and facade preservation is about to begin.

FB275CAF-2DE5-491E-9E71-4A17C4ADCB48.jpeg

Due to be completed sometime around 2023, King Toronto will feature about 480 units, the majority already sold except for about 30 units on the west “mountain” that have been held back for sale by the developer. Sales were staggered because with 480 units and so many different floor plans, it would be “overwhelming” to customers if all the condos were on sale at the same time, the developer says.

Invitees to the one-night-only party will get a chance to buy one of these remaining units and guests are being asked to bring their chequebooks and identification.

In a telephone interview, Michael Braun, director of sales and marketing for Westbank, said the value of the prizes on the spinning wheel will depend on how much a guest spends on a condo unit.

“There will be certain prizes for units $2 million and under, other prizes for $2 million to $3 million units, and $3 million and up,” Braun explained.

Not necessarily. The hoarding was erected to safely demolish the building.

Back