^^^ not unless they start moving at a more than one floor per week pace.

I was wrong in my earlier post when I said it looked like this feature would be shorter than in the rendering. Take two pieces of paper and put the edges along those slanted pillars and its surprising how high the meeting point is. To me it looks like 5-6 more floors before they meet. (as per the render)

^That's what I was about to comment, that it didn't look to me like they were going to meet at as high a point as shown on the render. But I trust your paper judgment! :)

It's too bad it couldn't be curved like in the first render, but it will still look good.

^That's what I was about to comment, that it didn't look to me like they were going to meet at as high a point as shown on the render. But I trust your paper judgment! :)

It's too bad it couldn't be curved like in the first render, but it will still look good.

I was surprised too. Now I know my paper measurement methodology wasn't exactly scientific or exact, but considering the angles of that photo, it should be pretty close and seems to match up exactly with the render.

Traynor is good at this sort of stuff....maybe he could weigh in...

And I agree, the curve was nice and canoe-esque

Well, judging from Cal's last two pictures I have an opinion:

When looking at the old renders, you will notice that the "curve" is actually very subtle and is most pronounced near the apex (just like a canoe). I am just guessing here but it appears the apex will be around the 10th floor (close to where it was in the renders) and there may be curve after all. It's very subtle at this point, but the columns may change angles ever so slightly, as they rise. Keep in mind, most pictures of this feature have been face-on where the changing angle would not show clearly. We need a good side-view, once the corner has risen to 6 or 7 floors, to be sure.

I've also been a bit skeptical that the cutout was really going to reach as high as the 10th floor, so to convince myself I pulled out photoshop and drew up a quick line drawing with a pic I took today.....Here's what I got, and for what it's worth it looks like the columns may very well meet right at the 10th floor, just as the render shows it! :D

urbantoronto-1152-3303.jpg

5826024985_6f2fdc0843_z.jpg

I also took some side shots, and so far it doesn't seem like the columns are going to angle outward in the earlier 'canoe' shape, but who knows it still may be early to see what they'll actually do with the last few floors of this feature. Here are some more pics I took today:

5826294758_10962ea134_z.jpg

5825742399_87a1e86032_z.jpg

5826302746_ed3abf2437_z.jpg

5825749277_d83b292598_z.jpg

5826308812_d80a7851fa_z.jpg

5826314286_d30344a72f_z.jpg

5826349138_f1b7838c9a_z.jpg

5825795867_049fab5231_z.jpg

5825798873_bbf59fc7cb_z.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for those updates! ^^^
this thing is going skywards! i'm starting to realize how exciting this tower is to watch. there are so many different slants/shapes going up at the site, hopefully with some nice cladding, this thing will turn out to be a work of art!

I guess that crane isn't going to be one of those types you see in NYC building construction, where it is attached to the building on the side. It seems too far away from the actual building for it to be.

If they expect occupancy in about a years times we should see this one rising very quickly. Great to see a condo tower designed with some cajones for a change.

Has anyone else noticed how they echoed the triangle shape on the de-designed section. Nice touch.
I'm really starting to dig Scott/Victoria/Wellington St.s and I think this building is going to help the overall image. (Now only if we could get the Front St. makeover and the pedestrianization of Yonge rolling.)

If they expect occupancy in about a years times we should see this one rising very quickly. Great to see a condo tower designed with some cajones for a change.

No way is occupancy going to be in a year's time. Not even close. The thing is almost 60 storeys.

Hmm. Where are they planning to put those. At the base I presume..

Back