I will just go on the record as saying that what we have seen so far, is not the cladding for L-Tower. It's either for Backstage or we are seeing a work-in-progress. No render or model ever showed spandrel and mullions like that. So I am of the opinion that we are seeing a test of some other panels for another purpose.

If I am wrong, I will be happy to accept all the I-Told-You-So's when the time comes. However, if I am correct be prepared for me to say the same.

:cool:

I will just go on the record as saying that what we have seen so far, is not the cladding for L-Tower. It's either for Backstage or we are seeing a work-in-progress. No render or model ever showed spandrel and mullions like that. So I am of the opinion that we are seeing a test of some other panels for another purpose.

If I am wrong, I will be happy to accept all the I-Told-You-So's when the time comes. However, if I am correct be prepared for me to say the same.

Cityzen told me they are quote "assessing the various components that make up the curtain wall system". They have not made a final decision yet.

According to the guy on site this is cladding for L. I thought it might be for Backstage, which is why I asked.

And from the story that Urban Toronto posted on the home page:

"These are two test panels for the future 58 storey condo. As a spokesperson for the project states:

We are still assessing the various components that make up the curtain wall system. Nothing has been finalized."

I told you so!

I don't know most buildings by name. But I looked up Accolade and I think it looks great.

For the L tower, my first choice would've been red :p. Neither of the two "test panels" (if they are indeed their choices) look good to me.

I would LOVE to see a red tower go up in Toronto!

And from the story that Urban Toronto posted on the home page:

I told you so!

A little premature for "I told you so" when one of the quotations you cited contain the words "Nothing has been finalized".

I believe my post stated that this was a "work in progress"... I will stand by my original statement that we have not yet seen the L-Tower curtainwall until it goes up on the actual tower. If in that eventuality it looks just like either of those two samples... Then...and only then... You can say "I told you so."

Last edited:
A little premature for "I told you so" when one of the quotations you cited contain the words "Nothing has been finalized".

I believe my post stated that this was a "work in progress"... I will stand by my original statement that we have not yet seen the L-Tower curtainwall until it goes up on the actual tower. If in that eventuality it looks just like either of those two samples... Then...and only then... You can say "I told you so."

Your original statement was "I will just go on the record as saying that what we have seen so far, is not the cladding for L-Tower."

Yes, you said it was a work in progress, but we already knew that, as earlier posts cleared that up. Its already 'on record'. While the final colour may be different, one of those two types of cladding will be the final product.

Last edited:
Aug 19
Those are test frames on site and they look a lot better than most buildings going up these days.
6063181840_6545f8d9fe_b.jpg

6062632771_49f590929d_b.jpg

6062632165_668091f928_b.jpg

6062628599_e80685c590_b.jpg

6062624817_e2012c4d58_b.jpg

6063174604_4dc7f7ae1b_b.jpg

i don't like the amount of bare concrete walls here.... and it makes sense that they would use spandrel to cover it up,

though i will say the cladding in drum's pics looks a bit better and more optimistic

Why are there huge blank walls like that on the north side? And why the superthick wall on the east side near the roof of Sony Centre?

Why are there huge blank walls like that on the north side? And why the superthick wall on the east side near the roof of Sony Centre?

Looks like there is an emergency exit on the north size, several openings (sunroofs?)... Wonder what"s going to be inside? Swimming pool? Can someone respond ?

It may look odd with a huge grey wall mixed with blue"ish window / cladding. Hope the designers can do magic to make the building looks nice...
I am sure there will be controversial opinions :)

That wall isn't going to be visible from the street anyway. That big crystal thing is going to be blocking any view of it.

I am capable of reading and am aware of what you were talking about. And the crystals will block both of those areas almost entirely

The crystal is pretty much complete... I'm not talking about the view from the street. I'm talking about what you see in that picture, which is taken from the street.

I'd guess the extra thick concrete wall might have something to do with soundproofing those units which are basically set right up against the theatre portion of the Sony Ctr. Also it could have something to do with strengthening where the 2 buildings meet. The section in the middle I'm not sure, but do we know where the elevator core is on this one? (I'm too lazy to look back in this thread)

Back