Well, if Libeskind here works out like Gehry in Springfield...

194010.jpg

slow and steady progress, but at least the inverted V is about to be connected ^^^

I think you will see this take off faster once its over that hump, i also cant get over how small the footprint of this building is and how elegant thin this is going to look in our skyline.:cool:

With most construction projects, we have to wait quite a while to see the buildings features. For instance all of us skyscraper junkies waited forever to see trumps first setbacks, and even longer for the dome/spire. The beauty of the L tower construction is that its only 8(?) floors above ground and so far the architecture is VERY visible. I'm not saying i dont love Trump and Aura and all the buildings i know will look great once they are finished, its just amazing to see a building look good from the beginning, and thats what we are getting with the L Tower. BTW I'm kind of surprised that this thread doesn't see as much activity as all the other downtown developments....gota be one of the most exciting.

With most construction projects, we have to wait quite a while to see the buildings features. For instance all of us skyscraper junkies waited forever to see trumps first setbacks, and even longer for the dome/spire. The beauty of the L tower construction is that its only 8(?) floors above ground and so far the architecture is VERY visible. I'm not saying i dont love Trump and Aura and all the buildings i know will look great once they are finished, its just amazing to see a building look good from the beginning, and thats what we are getting with the L Tower. BTW I'm kind of surprised that this thread doesn't see as much activity as all the other downtown developments....gota be one of the most exciting.

I agree completely. With most projects, the podiums themselves are pretty bland, it's the relation that the tower has with the podium that makes them interesting. Shangri-La didn't really get exciting until the angled glass started showing up. Aura still just looks like a stubby hulk. With this one, it's interesting from the get-go.

BTW I'm kind of surprised that this thread doesn't see as much activity as all the other downtown developments....gota be one of the most exciting.

Fair point.

I think, though, that with Chris Hume against this from the get-go, a lot of people have been slower to embrace it than they ordinarily would have.

Once the curtain wall starts to go up, however, I suspect that will quickly change.

Fair point.

I think, though, that with Chris Hume against this from the get-go, a lot of people have been slower to embrace it than they ordinarily would have.

Well you would be crazy, to listen to this political wacko that has not much good to say about anything new going up in Toronto...

Fair point.

Once the curtain wall starts to go up, however, I suspect that will quickly change.

I missed that. What did Chris Hume have to say about the L-Tower? Link if possible?

Back