ln25.jpg

fantastic photo android showing this towers many slants... oh man, i hope we see cladding up next month... i think this tower all comes down to that.

Didn't UT run an article a few months back where a Cityzen representative said it will be 4 days per floor now?

Is it possible the weather wall is moving up every 2 floors vs. 1? It seems pretty tall.

Unlikely and no.

We've all watched a lot of point towers go up roughly a floor per week and right now the floorplate isn't that big so it seems doable, weather permitting.

yup ^^^ weather is a big part... this one's floors are similar to the Ritz (at least for the next few floors) as the tower pushes outwards... the Ritz went up pretty fast at around a floor every 5-6 days.

Little Math Exercise

The above mentioned article says:
In these lower floors is where the structure does weird things. It's time consuming in the forming. They set up the RCS forming system. We're on level 8 now, so from here on in, I think we're looking at a four day cycle - I'm looking at a four day cycle [laughs] - so hopefully they can deliver within 4 to 5 days. It won't get better than four days. It's complicated.

Picture taken by drum118 on September 3:
6114098376_95d5160ceb_z.jpg

I am counting 9 floors.

Picture taken by andoiduk on November 28:
ln25.jpg

I am counting 17 floors .

So this means 8 floors in 86 days. You do the math ... so I guess it is still complicated.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I looked further back.

Picture taken by jasonzed on March 26:
20110326187.jpg

They were working on the second level at that point.

So between March 26 and September 3 they built 7 floors in 161 days (= 3 weeks per floor). In comparison, 10-11 days per floor isn't so bad.

Last edited:
Weather wall panels are starting to shift up another floor sooner this week.
Looks like Sam read our posts and went put a little salt on the boys tails up there. ;)

So between March 26 and September 3 they built 7 floors in 161 days (= 3 weeks per floor). In comparison, 10-11 days per floor isn't so bad.

The first couple of floors are always tricky and then it takes time for them to get into the "groove" when they move beyond those areas, once that happens these things fly up.

Speed of Construction

I don't know if anyone else does, but I find this a very interesting topic. Since the Ritz-Carlton was used a reference, I browsed through the pictures posted on UrbanToronto and checked the construction progress for the Ritz-Carlton:

6438723947_0c5ace9f74_z.jpg

It becomes pretty clear that 4-5 days per floor for the L-Tower is not something we should believe and that speed of construction is not only dependent on complexity, but also on weather / season.

Last edited:

Back