Did you guys know that it really isn't an L Tower. It doesn't make the shape L without the boot design, I think i'm they only one who really liked that design.

Did you guys know that it really isn't an L Tower. It doesn't make the shape L without the boot design, I think i'm they only one who really liked that design.
Actually it does still have an L shape on the Esplanade side, from the south.

Nope! I liked it to. It would have looked great from that corner. Especially against the other projects now planned by pier 27.

Why was the boot removed again? It was removed right before I joined te forums I think, so I missed that.

You find the answer by backtracking this thread by more than 5 years. It's in a posting in September 2008 by AlvinoOfDiaspar on page 47. The reason was simply lack of needed government funding for the proposed CityCentre (= the boot). But that's water under the bridge. So why not just enjoy the Libeskind tower we are getting here. It looks dashing as is.

Last edited:

Actually it does still have an L shape on the Esplanade side, from the south.

As I mentioned way back in this thread... It was never a capital "L" with the boot from Yonge Street.... It was a Capital "J"... And yes, it still makes a REAL capital "L" when you only consider the Esplanade facade.

XQ7LY.png

:cool:

I think the L tower name was pretty gimmicky from the start (and sounds awful). Not to mention, took a huge blow when the boot was scrapped.
But i guess in a sense it makes people try to figure out why it's called L tower lol.

[
QUOTE=SkyJacked;694195]Thanks steveve

T.0.isthebest, internal conflict is never good so let me try and help. I borrowed the picture below from an awesome post by someMidTowner. You can see just below the RCS, the double high suite(s) from 57 to 59 at the S.W. corner.

Let’s say the restriction of your view to the South and West was a problem and you were still thinking of buying an entire floor then I think you will have to buy two, 57 and 58. There is a lot to see to the North and East and I can understand you not wanting to miss out. That way you would have lots of room for visitors on sleepovers and that big Urban Toronto party you are planning.

I’m thinking I could get by with this view from the 57th S.W. but we all have different needs. :cool:

Well SkyJacked, if anyone was going to come to my rescue over this internal conflict, I knew it would be you. These pics are glorious (as usual). However, I regret to inform you that your response has seeded another internal conflict which I think requires some immediate action on my part:

As I type this post with my eyes fixed to that first picture you had borrowed from someMidTowner (and which I am currently drooling over....) I can't help but agree with you - that is, despite the spaciousness of the two level penthouses, simply purchasing the entire top floor will not be adequate to meet the needs for the upcoming Urban Toronto party. I need to purchase the entire top two floors.

That being said, and given that my wallet only has enough cash for the entire top floors (kidding, folks!!), as soon as I post this response I am immediately going to find my pants, throw on a sock or a shoe (no time for a shirt or jacket), and run down to the local convenience store to pick up the winning ticket for the next big lottery (yes, that's right, the winning ticket). I will then take the streetcar over to the closest Ikea where I will meet with management to negotiate a deal for a large amount of bedroom furniture (assuming he/ she doesn't think I'm the Ikea monkey, given that I am still half-clothed). I hope everyone is okay with bunk beds? This is the best way to maximize floor space for that indoor pool I'm having installed.

If my memory serves me well, the Urban Toronto Christmas Party photos depicted a wild time, which leads me to believe that we'll make good use of the multiple floor levels and swimming pool. Yes, there will be an open bar, but swimsuits are mandatory (it's not that kind of party:eek:).

Does anyone know where I can get a large, green strobe light?

Last edited:
Small balconies

The lower balcony in that last picture is going to feel ridiculous for anyone standing out on it.

I am curious why these small balconies are partially closed in with window wall the same way the bigger ones are. This only leaves a rather narrow opening at these corner unit balconies. My only explanation is that this maybe makes the facade look better and offering such a balcony in a suite is still better than having none at all.

Below is a picture I took end of October (the day after "Sandy") that shows this kind of balcony on the NE corner between floors 14 and 23. On the internet I also found a floor plan of suite 1508. The views from there must be quite stunning.

8359235062_9debcf1511_o.jpg

8359235150_b580857ec4_o.jpg

Last edited:

Back