Based on that 609 sf floorplan, as an owner I probably would have preferred to have a juliette balcony in place of that exceptioally small one person balcony, which intrudes into the small living room and subtracts 22 to 25 square feet of potential additional liveable area. It would also enhance the feeling of openess and make for more efficient furniture placement. I agree that the view from that north-east corner 15th floor unit would be pretty sweet.

Lots of steam billowing from the bank towers this morning (Jan. 7, 2013):

IMG_1030_zpsecd78328.jpg

IMG_1035_zpsa281ad88.jpg

Classic shot sMT. Beautfully framed. Looking foward to you updating that photo in about 6 months time from the same spot when L-tower and Berczy are completed and we have residents in both adding some more sparkle to the nightime sky.

Herding cranes

The L Tower mother crane watching over her children on New Year's Day ...

8365849816_7b56a4a6ab_b.jpg

Photo downloaded (and then cropped) from WaterfrontToronto's West Don Lands construction webcam. You can pick any day and time you want to see (going back several years). You can also stream the pictures as a (slow) time-lapse. In the last one or two minutes (if you are patient enough) you will see the L Tower grow and become a distinguished member of the eastern skyline.

Last edited:
Really good pictures from everyone here over the last few days.

The time lapse movie is extraordinary and the webcam quality is as good as or better than I’ve ever seen. I think that is evident in the quality of the picture above. I forgot to look for the L Tower the first time I watched it because I couldn’t take my eyes off of the earth work. The L tower really does distinguish itself in that view though.

Now I am going go back and lean on the pause button for a while.

Great link Udo, Thanks.

Last edited:
Why do bank towers create steam?

the bankers get sooooo angry when they are losing money that they vent steam out of their ears. it is then collected and vented out the top of the buildings. (you can usually tell how well the markets are doing by checking how much steam is coming out of the tops of the office towers)

Back