From the 12th floor of One King West during Doors Open:

8883874315_3d7d2a0539_c.jpg

Other side of the curve on the north facade has begun. Worried we're going to have a pretty apparent "line" along the change in angles.

FTQ0yRh.jpg

May 25th:

From George Brown Waterfront Campus:

Great shot. This view is going to change dramatically over the next 5 years or so with 88 Scott, Massey, the Cadillac Fairview Rental Tower, and Yonge and Rich to name a few. I can't wait as this is one of the weaker views of the skyline. These towers will fill in the gaps nicely and extend the CBD northward from this vantage point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if the "Scotia Plaza" was about 50 meter longer in that shot ....

Don't understand why they didn't go for the tallest title, because it's our best skyscraper ....

Great shot. This view is going to change dramatically over the next 5 years or so with 88 Scott, Massey, the Cadillac Fairview Rental Tower, and Yonge and Rich to name a few. I can't wait as this is one of the weaker views of the skyline. These towers will fill in the gaps nicely and extend the CBD northward from this vantage point.

Thank you for the compliment! In my humble opinion, I think that the best view of downtown is from the east looking west. I have always lived in the west end and thought that the view I had was great until I saw the western view from Pure Spirit and thought how gorgeous it was. I loved it so much that I specifically sought out and researched a new condo building with an unobstructed 'forever' view of downtown and soon figured out that a high floor in River City would be very safe for a long time.

I'm excited about the new developments east of Yonge, too :D

I recall someone likening Scotia Plaza to 80's hair bands.

Just for the record, I like the tower portion of Scotia Plaza as well (though I have some problems with its base) and have nothing against PoMo.

Scotias a very handsome Building indeed! And my all time favorite. To bad marble skyscrapers are not the norm anymore, Or rather were not so expensive to build. A least ones that look as nice as Scotia. But regarding L tower..It really changes the skyline from certain angles.
Cant wait to see the glass finished at the top portion.

Last edited:
The are quite a few folks (including my self) who consider Scotia Bank Place the tall office tower in the country (not to mention Toronto) ! The plaza at street level is amazing/

Back