That view up Yonge is going to be unreal in 6 years.

Front Street will look amazing once the streetscape overhaul and the L Tower are completed with the monumentalism of Union Station and the Dominion Public Building, along with exceptional skyscrapers like the Royal York Hotel, Royal Bank Plaza and the L Tower. If the streetscape treatment is handled well, it will be among the greatest streetscapes in North America. The view from in front of Union Station east to the Dominion Public Building and L Tower will be incredible. The Oxford project will further the greatness if done to a high architectural standard.

In fact, it seems too great for just the 9-5 crowd of commuters that dominate the area, passing by thinking about how they're late for work or what they're going to have for dinner. Front Street in front of Union Station would make for an excellent public square for concerts and events after business hours. I don't think the plaza is being designed with that in mind.

Last edited:
Today:

4lXEMnG.jpg

That view up Yonge is going to be unreal in 6 years.

I just hope city planners embrace the concept of a skyscraper canyon rather than implementing set backs up and down the strip. That said, there does seem to be an impressive number of suitable skyscrapers coming to Yonge: 1-7 Yonge, 2 Queen West, Massey Tower, 460 Yonge, One Bloor, etc. Another 20 and the strip will start coming together.

Last edited:
I just hope city planners embrace the concept of a skyscraper canyon rather than implementing set backs up and down the strip. That said, there does seem to be an impressive number of suitable skyscrapers coming to Yonge: 1-7 Yonge, 2 Queen West, Massey Tower, 460 Yonge, One Bloor, etc. Another 20 and the strip will start coming together.

Canyons can be problematic. Having public realm landscaping like street trees is more difficult with the lesser amount of sunlight in the canyon. The issue is mitigated if the street is wide like University Avenue, but Toronto has few such streets.

Oh man, just looking at that 2 storey PH makes me drool! Damn cancer! It's gone, but thanks to it, so are my savings! So much for my home in the sky, can you imagine the views living in that unit?

Back