GO to L:

(from cellphone, on bus, on Gardiner)

IMG_20130612_161310_zps6f97e9de.jpg

IMG_20130612_161319_zps0ea0c423.jpg

I can't help but think how awesome it would have looked if the cut on the south-west corner was more rounded/smooth (as per earlier renderings) and if it cut much further up the tower. It would have complimented the curve at the top of the tower much more dramatically.

Still a really exciting project to watch progress though. I have my criticisms but I see it every day and it's provided me with plenty of intrigue.

Also, I can admit that I have never seen so many people look up at a tower in this city. Period. Every time I walk past it every day, there are people looking up and discussing the curve at its top. It's nice to see people engaged in architecture, just as passers-by.

I really hope the top of this building is going to be lit up at night. It will just add some spice to our night time skyline.

Terrific shots guys, is it me, or does it looks a lot taller then it really is? They chose THE perfect location for it, it perfectly isolates it just enough to stand out from the crowd, so to speak, yet remain the newest addition to our ever expanding skyline. The last few pics show us what the PH suits will look like, damn I wish I could live there, aside from the prestige, can you imagine having those views every day? Am I the only geek that is excited about seeing the finished tower once they complete the cladding?

God I love living here, not to sway too far off topic, but just imagine how the skyline will look once the Ice towers, 10&1 York, 90 Harbord, the Delta tower, and 1-9 Yonge Street are complete?? It will be an entirely new skyline, AND, if the Gehry and Oxford projects are approved and built, along with the Massey Tower, Aura, One Bloor, 50 Bloor, and, well, just too many to mention, we will truly have a futuristic skyline, the city I grew up in will be buried, but in a good way. Best of all, now that I've kicked cancers malignant ass, and it can never return (it was colorectal cancer, they literally removed my colon and rectum, plus half my small bowel just to ensure it would never return) I actually have the chance to live long enough to see it all happen in my life time, THIS is why I'm so excited (pardon the gross details, but I didn't think I was going to make it, so my perspective on life has changed completely, for the better).

Last edited:
I think your excitement is understandable and you certainly aren't the only one who loves seeing this city grow up right before our eyes. It's no wonder that Toronto is one of the most photographed cities in the world. It's looking better every day and L Tower will only add to it.

After taking a break for a few weeks the glass started going in again today on the north face.

Back