I was lucky enough to be able to get up into the large 2-storey unit last week - there's some very weird angles where the curtain wall curves on the north side

It comes with the territory of living in this landmark. No one will mind because of the satisfaction of owning real estate in this icon.

This kind of interesting architecture is what downtown needs, not trash like Aura.

I wouldn't quite call Aura trash. The design itself is decent, the problem that most people have though lies in its execution (more specifically it's cladding for the lower half of the tower and the interior). I'd still take an Aura any day over another Casa or Murano/Burano in it's place (which seems to have become the norm for Toronto condo design, the "copy+paste" technique)

L tower has a great design and looks magnificent on our skyline. Although I'm in the boat of people who find it could have been executed better. I hate bringing up this argument, but if L tower didn't have it's unique design; with it's cladding and height, it would have easily been regarded as a complete failure and a mess.
As it is now, by Toronto's standards, L tower is an amazing achievement and a building most of us can be proud of. One of the better buildings built in a long while.

By any city's standards, L Tower is great. The cladding isn't the best, but it's not even mediocre enough to raise issues with the building.

The execution on Aura is so poor that it doesn't matter that the design looked good on paper--the end result isn't good at all.

Great photos by lxmoss, udo, Razz. Nearly every visit to this thread comes with a reward!

360 Panorama

Click on image to be taken to an interactive 360 VR panorama, in which you can drag, tilt and zoom picture in any direction ...

Panorama best viewed in full screen mode and with hidden controls. Right click to switch between different projection modes.

Last edited:
This building would have looked a lot better if it was built as originally proposed. Yet another wonderful gift from those a-holes at City Hall.

15 October 2013:

7tdt.jpg

This building would have looked a lot better if it was built as originally proposed. Yet another wonderful gift from those a-holes at City Hall.

Other than the boot, which was cancelled by the developer, how was the original design different than what we will get? Does anybody have that (different) original design? I thought the boot/podium was the only change.

Back