DJI_20231022185719_0167_D.jpg

Will be interesting to see whether they end up walking back the mzo as a result of this. Iirc, lcpl includes developers that were involved in the greenbelt debacle.

"During the same meeting, Ward 1 Coun. Stephen Dasko successfully called for a review of the MZO granted at the Lakeview Village development site at 1082 Lakeshore Rd. E."

Letter by LCPL president (Sutherland) suggested that pre-mzo the pier didn't have the necessary funding and only with the granting of the MZO can it now be funded. Interpret how you will. Separately Tridel has been sending out addendums to some of the floors in harbourwalk, changing the design to replace a lot of the 2bdrm units with additional 1bdr units. Total unit count in building 1 is now up to 455.

Letter by LCPL president (Sutherland) suggested that pre-mzo the pier didn't have the necessary funding and only with the granting of the MZO can it now be funded. Interpret how you will. Separately Tridel has been sending out addendums to some of the floors in harbourwalk, changing the design to replace a lot of the 2bdrm units with additional 1bdr units. Total unit count in building 1 is now up to 455.
The 2 bedroom units are probably too expensive for anyone to be able to afford...

"At the same time, the government is also expected to reverse other decisions made by former housing minister Steve Clark before his resignation over the summer as a result of the bruising Greenbelt scandal.

Sources said some Minister’s Zoning Orders and portions of the controversial Bill 23 — which impacted a municipality’s ability to charge fees for developments — are on the chopping block."

The 2 bedroom units are probably too expensive for anyone to be able to afford...
I absolutely hate one bedroom units. It should be mandatory having two rooms. If you ever have kids you have to essentially move. And if you sell you lose so much in lawyer fees and real estate fees that you might as well bought the two bedroom in the first place.

I absolutely hate one bedroom units. It should be mandatory having two rooms. If you ever have kids you have to essentially move. And if you sell you lose so much in lawyer fees and real estate fees that you might as well bought the two bedroom in the first place.
What about empty nesters?

I think 1 bed units have a place.

What about empty nesters?

I think 1 bed units have a place.
After 30 years of marriage empty nesters might want some extra space.

It’s much easier to work with a little too much room than it is not enough space.

If you don’t want people to continue to move further and further out then you have to build reasonable sized units that people can choose to live in the city. And in this case we’re already talking about the suburbs.

Back