LEVIATHAN!

The first Bolliger and Mabillard Giga (300 feet +) in the world!
The tallest and fastest coaster in Canada.
The fifth tallest coaster in the world.

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/

leviathan1.jpg

leviathan3.jpg

leviathan8.jpg

train.png

Facts:

306 feet
80 degree first drop
3 min. 28 second ride time
92 mph (148 km/h)
5,486' (1,672m) long
$28 million (U.S.)

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed at height. So yea, they broke there own record, no world or even north american records.

306 feet! 148 km/h!

This definitely puts CW in the big leagues, if it wasn't there already.

Can't wait to ride it! Last time I was at wonderland i noticed that they significantly shortened the drop zone line and moved the go kart line too. This is where i think the entrance will be. Also, this ride makes dragon fire look like a kidville ride! :s

Can't wait to ride it! Last time I was at wonderland i noticed that they significantly shortened the drop zone line and moved the go kart line too. This is where i think the entrance will be. Also, this ride makes dragon fire look like a kidville ride! :s

It makes Behemoth look like a kidville ride too!

I think it's time I go back to Wonderland, I've avoided it like the plague because Paramount ruined it. I've yet to ride Behemoth and I've only been on Top Gun ("Flight Deck") once!

Wow, this looks epic. I like how Cedar is taking the initiative to one-up the Behemoth and improving the park overall by consistently bringing in new rides. Can't wait for next summer.

Last edited:
What happened to the 350 foot tall predictions?

They were just that, predictions. There was a job posting online for a ride mechanic asking them to be able to work at heights of 347 feet, so that fueled a lot of speculation. But they didn't account for the crane/construction work.

What happened to the 350 foot tall predictions?

Rumours that didnt pan out I guess.

Anyways, this coaster is a massive beast. I wonder how far of a drop that is since there will be a trench at the bottom. I love the fact the coaster goes into the parking lot and also the front gates. It's a great sight. The speed and g forces should be quite spectacular. However I wonder why they just didn't make this a little bit taller to atleast surpass Millenium Force.

This is B&M's first attempt at a giga coaster. We should feel great that CW is getting this new coaster

Marcanadian, 7th tallest in world not 5th. And that's if nothing else is under construction that is bigger.

Ah, forgot Superman and Tower of Terror. Well, the drop has to be one of the tallest. It has a longer drop than Steel Dragon 2000 and Millennium Force since Leviathan dips into the parking lot. That's probably the world record, no? The longest drop on a complete circuit non-launched roller coaster?

This does look pretty awesome! Can't wait to try it out. I think i had hyped it up a bit much in my head though. Was hoping for inversions or some new type of design. Ah well, this looks fantastic and it's pretty amazing how Wonderland is upping the ante on coasters (finally!). But my heart will always belong to Cedar Point. See y'all next year on Leviathan (sweet name).

Is the 3min 28sec ride time from when it pulls out of the station to when it stops again, or is that the time from harnasses locked to harnasses unlocked? Because 3.5 minutes of wheels rolling would be amazing!

Mind blown! That looks incredible! I agree that seeing this massive beast of a coaster makes the Dragon Fire coaster look like a kids ride!

Back