from today

20110707058.jpg

20110707057.jpg

20110707056.jpg

20110707054.jpg

first cladding is up on Limelight, and it's.....blue....

Thanks Jasonzed ....

What's with powder blue/aqua spandrels (again) ?? grey would have acutally made sense here, as per the rendering

Actually, looking at the rendering, the top floors looks like they have that powder blue spandrel. Just saying is all.

I don't disagree with you, grey would look good, even black.

^some of it may well be..we'll see...

These guys are working 7-7 and Saturdays...tower 1 should top out in about 8-10 weeks. I predict that Daniels will announce their next project in late winter for the site in front of One Park Tower
20110716027.jpg

The car in the forefront is for a TV series called The Transporter
20110725026.jpg

It is interesting that the producers chose the MCC as a stand in for a European city. I suspect they will use CGI to spruce things up, you know, add street-life...(cheap shot!)

I am curious, but where was the actual filming location?

Off-topic, but I am assuming this Transporter TV series is based on the movie franchise starring Jason Statham?

Off-topic, but I am assuming this Transporter TV series is based on the movie franchise starring Jason Statham?
Yes it is. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1885102/

It seems that he travels the world, as it's supposed to be set in the US, UK, Germany and France. He also appears to be surrounded by hot women at all times, since the full 5 member cast listed shows the Transporter himself, and 4 rather attractive female supporting roles. I'm not sure I buy Chris Vance as the lead - Statham leaves some rather large shoes to fill - but knowing it's filmed locally I'll certainly give it a shot.

As for the buildings - they're moving along pretty quickly with the craned and structure visible from distances. I don't mind the blueish cladding either, since there isn't a lot of it in the area right now.

Back