July 26
The roof of the Gym saw concrete today
5979723100_ab6ef2e6fc_b.jpg

5979725502_428490b8d6_b.jpg

5979168071_576bec6f0a_b.jpg

5979726376_947b227de3_b.jpg

5979169051_b212896a80_b.jpg

Aug 17
I see they have removed all the current wall and framing from the building and wondering Why?

Either these where test pieces or a engineering issue surface or lets change the colors.
6054133936_7e02a263e5_b.jpg

6054122358_1ced808c9d_b.jpg

6053568925_d635e07817_b.jpg

6053568211_28b0c61f4e_b.jpg

Awesome, Limelight, will actually be...lime.

Although I think Black and Lime would look slick, instead of the white.

Awesome, Limelight, will actually be...lime.

Although I think Black and Lime would look slick, instead of the white.

Could be a tester as the first batch didn't look like this
5943852507_9038f346f8_b.jpg

Is there some reason why every single building uses grey for the metal trim? Can't windows be framed in black, white or some other colour? It seems like every single building uses grey in the GTA.

I am not impressed with LimeLight at all.

Ugly design. Lime green isn't stylish.

LimeLight is tacky looking IMO. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb considering it's beside two buildings that have a very classy, old school New York/Chicago look to them. Sometimes it's good to be "different", like the Absolute Towers for example. But Limelight is "different" in the bad way. This building does not fit in with all the other buildings surrounding it in the MCC area.

I feel sorry for people who purchased a Chicago Condo facing MCC and will now have to see this obnoxious green building every time they look out their window.

Last edited:
very nice pics, drum.....there's a new billboard up at the Daniels' sales office today, "now under construction, West Side Story", with a picture of Limelight, I think they are referring to the townhouses directly to the west of the 2 Limelight towers...gotta love these marketers....

I am not impressed with LimeLight at all.

Ugly design. Lime green isn't stylish.

LimeLight is tacky looking IMO. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb considering it's beside two buildings that have a very classy, old school New York/Chicago look to them. Sometimes it's good to be "different", like the Absolute Towers for example. But Limelight is "different" in the bad way. This building does not fit in with all the other buildings surrounding it in the MCC area.

I feel sorry for people who purchased a Chicago Condo facing MCC and will now have to see this obnoxious green building every time they look out their window.

Limelight is a modern building that will interact with the street level quite well - quite an improvement over some of the other MCC buildings which provide no space for retail. MCC is a jumble of architecture overall! Right now, it's looking like a mess. However, I think in the future it will all fit together quite well. In my opinion, what Mississauga and the developers seem to be going for is the illusion that all the buildings and the entire downtown weren't built over the course of 20 years - some of the buildings like Chicago and One Park will look decidedly older over time.

I also don't understand why you think the limelight cladding is lime green - the first test panels were lime green but now they have a definite whitish colour to them with only lime green highlights. Overall, I think the building will look quite sharp in the end - as long as they don't decide on something completely hideous i.e. lime green balconies. We will have to wait and see!

Back