That's the less popular west side of the building. Most of the renders that have been publicized depict the east side, the only side with slanted walls.

This cladding, is amazing, the more I see it the more I love it. And I thought Four Seasons had some nice cladding. You guys are seeing understated elegance, rise up before your eyes. The angles in the glass will only make the final design far more interesting than the other boxes going up around town. This box has a crease.

The glass looks great. What exactly is the box at the top- a restaurant?

The box is just an architectural detail. Units on those floors expand into it.

No, that's Toronto. The background buildings in the render match those of the actual location.

Ya, except the buildings have been shrunk, to make Shangri-La appear much taller than those around. It will be much taller, but not the way they depict, haha.

Ya, the answer was already found a few posts above, but thanks for being snarky.

LOL, Khris, it's interesting that you would say to someone else that they're being snarky when this is exactly how you would respond to someone else if they asked a question similar to what you asked.

There have many instances when you will tell a poster to "check back on the thread" to find his/her answer...so honestly, now you know how others would feel. :)

And, no, I won't go looking for examples. Additionally, it's often easier to answer someone's question (that may have already been asked before) by typing the 10-odd words it would take to respond instead of using the same energy and telling others to go look back in the thread. Not to mention it's nicer to just respond, especially when a thread can be dozens of pages long...

You're welcome....

Haha, I was just about to say that, seeing as he jumps over people for the most inane things. Can't handle a taste of your own medicine, khris?

Ya, the answer was already found a few posts above, but thanks for being snarky.

for the record, I wasn't trying to be snarky ... rather, just trying to answer the question (with a picture) ... note how I wasn't just telling you to 'look back through the thread' (your typical response) ... but anyways, you are welcome ~ :)

Haha, I was just about to say that, seeing as he jumps over people for the most inane things. Can't handle a taste of your own medicine, khris?

I don't jump all over people for the most inane things anymore. In fact, the only time I would do that is if the answer was on the same page or previous page. Never way back on page 1. Now I just add all of the idiots who hide behind their computers to ignore, which makes this site SOO much better. :) Speaking of which, looks like I need to add a couple more.

By the way, I meant to say... a truck with more glass just drove down my street for Shangri-La. Should see more going up tomorrow hopefully!

Last edited:

Back