You would not have to, if you did not want to. I am sure that a given rumour that relates to a particular project would still be posted on that project's thread. If that is all you want or need, more power to you. But in addition, the rumours could be also posted on a single thread. You might not be interested in that, but I suspect that a lot of people would find that more convenient than having to search through all the threads to keep up to date on the various rumours in general.

Okay, I see what you mean. In fact, I maintain a thread very much like that on SSP for the 25 Tallest Proposals in Canada. Under each project you'll notice a little blurb summarizing the latest news and rumours. However, unlike UT, SSP doesn't have threads for individual projects. If there were a rumour thread at UT, I'd hope that people would post the rumours on the dedicated project thread as well, as it can become equally difficult to follow a project when news about it is fractured about many places.

Last edited:
This tower is about subtle angles and elegance. It won't be apprciated until it's nearly complete.

Yeah i guess..same said for the Trump Tower, you cant have everyone criticizing it when you have 20 floors, curtain wall cladding, roof dome, spire, lighting, and more still left to build...:confused:

shangd11.jpg

shangdllb.jpg

shangd11c.jpg

I don't think you can tell from the pictures. But this glass that just got installed is more reflective than the glass you've seen so far.

My camera is not good, and I was afraid of this. You might have to go and check out the building in person to see the glass to make the judgment. But too me it looks more reflective.

Maybe this picture will help a bit.. not much obviously.
]

So do you guys think the glass is more reflective than the other panels that have been installed or am I losing my mind?

So do you guys think the glass is more reflective than the other panels that have been installed or am I losing my mind?

I walked past this afternoon and there were a few panels mounted on the front (on Adelaide but on the West side's first angle - I don't believe these have yet been photographed here). They definitely looked far more silvery (granted it was a grey day) and more reflective and in fact there was a wavy "fun-house mirror" effect on the ones that I saw. Maybe it's just a question of angles and light but I definitely thought there was a difference in that these are more reflective.

Last edited:
I really can't tell whether it is more reflective or not. I can say I agree with sodapop. Either way, it is spectacular. Gets better the more we see.

looking at the very last picture, it's getting pretty obvious that this section of glass is more reflective than the first.

I'll do a through inspection tomorrow. And try to get some pictures right up close so we can make the judgement call.

Androids pictures have sealed the deal for me, the glass is darker and more reflective than the first set of glass installed, I don't know what pattern they are going for, but they aren't going small time with this project thats for sure.

These guys wanna battle the big boys, we don't even know who these guys are trying to one up man here.

Cal,
I was looking at some pictures of the SL in Vancouver. I think you get a fair idea of the glass from that building. I think they are using similar glass but I could be wrong.

Keep the pics coming. Thanks.

I have alot more pictures to upload, from today. Went all around the base and the western side, which I do not normally photograph...

Should be fun. I've uploaded this shot for you, as I head into bed. Will follow up by mid-week with some fresh shots of the cladding as it progresses Looks pretty good so far.

sany0442.jpg

Great pic Cal.
Clearly on the West side and I suspect the East and North will be similar, the glass is less blue and more silvery/blue. It is because the South has a coating to keep down the sun light in the summer and to help with the airconditioning..

Got to love this but boy is the glass going slowly compared to everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
One question I asked earlier, but nobody had an answer for... let me ask again :p

Does anyone know if the west side of the building will have the same angled wall of glass as the east side?

Back