27 June 2012:

20120627195538.jpg

My shangri la:

20120627193916.jpg

Speaking of romantic, this base got quite the loving care unlike the thoughtless tower (Mind you I still think it looks thoughtless, as in totally out of place and rather silly):

20120627192859.jpg

Ppl may not know it, but this is a very c.2001-2005 Vancouverism design. Aka a yawning frontier town bore. Take a look at this classic Vanhattan detail:

20120627192743.jpg

Last edited:
The pics are great, UD. Especially the one with the hodgepodge street scene in foreground and the collection of varied skyscrapers in the background. From a distance, the western elevation of Shangri-La is my favourite of our new buildings; the two-storey suites jutting out make for excellent decor. Varied shapes work for me.

Presently I am not optimistic about the artwork facing University, in this project, but I keep an open mind until things are completely finished.

Awesome!!! I also have a t3i :) did you use a lensbaby composer for this shot?

What r those 4 storey wall to wall slightly protruding floors for??? Would be a great for a resto!!

What r those 4 storey wall to wall slightly protruding floors for??? Would be a great for a resto!!

Vatche, these are the Signature 2 storey suites:

If you go to this site: http://livingshangri-latoronto.com/floorplans/

Then go to the Private Estates SLO and SUP you will see the 2 storey 4300 sq.ft. suites which are a bargain at a mere $6.5 to $7 million asking or thereabouts.

the restaurants are on the first 5 floors of the hotel I believe.

The only improvement I could think to make on that would be to have a strip of glass floor at the bottom of the protruding box. Though with our little glass problem we seem to be having that might not be the best idea! :p

The only improvement I could think to make on that would be to have a strip of glass floor at the bottom of the protruding box. Though with our little glass problem we seem to be having that might not be the best idea! :p

LOOOOOOL nice one :p

but ya, that woulda been a sweet idea, and the one at the top should have a skylight

Back