I guess...lobby and first few floors will take the most time...once they start tower floors...this should be going up at much faster speed

I just wanted to ask question as I was looking at that rending photo...with fountain on University Avenue.
It Has been not functional for the second year now. Does anyone know what's going on?

That fountain was mentioned as an example of the City's failure to properly maintain the public realm at the recent Pug Talk at the Bata Shoe Museum. Apparently in the time since it was last run into by a car, they have ordered replacement stone for the base of one of the three fountains, but for whatever reason, it is not yet in the City's possession. I don't remember where the quarry is that supplies this particular stone, but apparently it's awfully remote, there be dragons, that sort of thing...

Can anyone get some updated photos for this project? Hasn't been many new ones, it would be good to see how it is coming along (and unfortunately I don't live in the downtown area)!

Here's a pretty crappy one until someone with a real camera gets out there again. This is the south end of the site, and they're working on the 3rd floor right now. Taken 5 minutes ago.

4622750468_6a40af1da4_o.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I walked along Adelaide the other day just to check it out. It is going to have a huge impact on that area, which always seemed kind of open and barren before. It's going to create an impressive streetwall and really change the feel of that intersection.

Shangri-la getting up there...

I LOVE the slanted lot shangri-la is placed on.. it'll have such an interesting effect going down university! :D.. it'll be beyond epic...
4632453181_95ebef57ff_b.jpg

4632449989_f073400ea8_b.jpg

Photos by me: steveve :D

I live right beside this. I really should take some photos. If I look out my window it's right there haha.

You live in a condo? I remember you saying you were scared of heights.......or that could've been another poster.

I do. I'm not up high. I'm not scared of heights, I have a fear. I lived on the 9th floor previous to this. I'm okay with a certain height. I could never live 60 storeys up for example haha.

Back