Can anyone sneak a pic of the tacked on (brick) facade at the base or is it not possible?

Shangri La is a showstopper and it's not even 1/3 of the way up.

The glass there is so awesome!

I'm not saying this to be rude, but these repetitive posts praising this tower and its glass are making this thread incredibly tiresome. : /

Spire, I was just praising the recently installed glass at the base, at first I was in the middle about the glass, but forsure now the glass here is rocking. They installed more of it yesterday and its moving at a rapid pace in comparison to the other major hotel towers under construction.

EDIT: by replying, inadvertently I praised Shangri La one more time. good grief.

lol!

Last edited:
picture from someone if possible.
Thanks raclll. Should start to add further interest to an already steadily improving external facade.

I haven't been bringing my camera with my to work this week. But tomorrow I'll bring it out, cause they have made some fast progression with the cladding at the base.

Look out for fresh pics Friday Night or Saturday Morning.

I just walked past the new glass. Even from that one panel you can tell that the angled facade will be pretty pronounced. It should create a lot of visual interest.

Just went out to take some photos for you guys.
The western side first:

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(1).jpg

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(6).jpg

They have installed some glass on the portion that just out, and now it has some green spandrel below, and above the windows. Looks pretty cool!

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(7).jpg

The south and east sides:

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(2).jpg

The angled glass (awesome!):

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(4).jpg

East side:

2011.01.06%20-%20Shangri-La%20(5).jpg

Last edited:
But West Pender Place looks better!

It's hard to tell at this point, but I prefer the shade of glass on the Shangri-La. I also think that (1) the 'zig-zag' form of Shangri-La's angled planes, (2) the way that the balconies divide the angled planes and (3) the vertical fins createsd by the facade will all make it more visually dynamic.

ShangriLaToronto.jpg

By SFU Vancouver @ SSP:
westpenderplace1nov9201.jpg

westpenderplace2nov9201.jpg

westpenderplace3nov9201.jpg

westpenderplace4nov9201.jpg

Last edited:
Great update, Thanks for the new pics! I can't tell from the photos (or render) but will the setback after the last hotel level be the same on both sides?
The fins are also a nice touch.

Back