android.....that is a farking incredible picture......

What a great shot! Shangri-La really high lights how much better University Avenue would be with more appropriately scaled buildings. University Avenue screams out to be lined with 200m+ buildings. Canada Life is beautiful, but the rest look so squat for such a grand avenue.

There is nothing Grand about a wind tunnel lined with 200m tall buildings.

Ok, who deleted their post which knocked off androiduk's photo from the top of this page??

There is nothing Grand about a wind tunnel lined with 200m tall buildings.

You must reall hate walking down Bay street, King street, Adelaide and Wellington then.
Oh and I'd advise you to avoid certain portions of Young street, York, Bremner, Harbour, Yorkville and Bloor in the future as well.

Young st? really Young st?

As much as I agree with you that University could use a more consistent streetwall, I think 200m for it's entirety would be a step in the wrong direction.

None of the streets you listed have that kind of a streetwall for for more than a km, let alone for their entirety.

None of the streets you listed have that kind of a streetwall for for more than a km, let alone for their entirety.

What? Are you saying a km long stretch of skyscrapers is not significant? I think a few hundred meters in that regard is significant.
Besides you've missed the point, which is A) I'm not suggesting that the entire street need be lined with 200+ meter buildings but a few wouldn't hurt and B) many streets are already lined with multiple buildings above or approaching the 200m range with many more to come(those I mentioned and obviously only in certain sections) so I was curious as to whether or not neubilder avoided those streets because he's essentially suggesting that they would be 'wind tunnels'.

Last edited:
i think this one should be 100m to 150m street.. 200m is pushing it like i said before,

200m is more suited for bay street,

photo-4.jpg

oh man, thanks for posting that ^^^. fantastic pic, and shangri-la just balances out this view perfectly... and actually, the more i look at it, more height wouldn't have looked so bad,
Trump, Aura, SickKids tower, and company will/only make this view better!

That is a very dramatic view, a little lower with more of U of T in the foreground would have made 'picture of the day'. I'm just being picky, excellent shot and yes, Shangri-la fits in wonderfully there.

What a great pic! You've captured Toronto as the interesting and explorable place it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
On an unrelated note, I was walking along University and couldn't help but to notice how dirty and murky the windows on Shangri-La are. Do they plan on cleaning each individual pane or is there a quicker way? I can't imagine how long it would take to do the entire building!

Went by Shangri-La today and cops were there with a lane blocked off. Construction guy told me some scaffolding fell off the top floor of the building at 6 am.

Back