The fins act as glazing for the two-storey penthouse terraces actually. I'm not sure how much the mechanical might rise above the penthouse levels.

l0GQF.jpg

Thanks Androiduk ... That photos shows off the lines of the east facade better than any I have seen yet. I took a photo from the same vantage on Saturday, but haven't had a chance to upload it yet. I may just not put it up though since yours puts mine to shame! Nice work.

If only our eyes had Saturation, Brightness, and Contrast sliders.

=P Those can all bring out colours, not really "add" them. I like to think Toronto actually looks more colourful and it was just a grey time of day when the photo was taken. I just brought out the colours to match what Toronto usually offers. =]

Also, this is a lovely building (to keep the thread on track). Hopefully the top delivers once it's complete.

Bruvyman:

It isn't clear as to whether the pic as it is has been properly calibrated - we really couldn't tell whether the gloom stems from the actual condition or the shot itself.

AoD

Even taking into consideration the effects of the lighting, it's clear, Toronto just has too much grey, whether it's concrete, glass or the dreaded spandrel. We need to get away from that, yet developers seem to be obsessed with the colour grey.

Bruvyman:

It isn't clear as to whether the pic as it is has been properly calibrated - we really couldn't tell whether the gloom stems from the actual condition or the shot itself.

AoD

Shooting through thick glass is always going to have an effect on saturation and contrast. Atmospheric conditions (smog, dust, etc) MAY have played a role as well. The edited version looks a bit better and brighter and is a definite improvement, but those colours are unavoidably a bit over the top and the added brightness and contrast has caused a lot of highlight detail to be lost (top right hand corner). In any case, thanks to Lowlut for the shot and to 3rd Leap for the editing!

Thanks Androiduk ... That photos shows off the lines of the east facade better than any I have seen yet. I took a photo from the same vantage on Saturday, but haven't had a chance to upload it yet. I may just not put it up though since yours puts mine to shame! Nice work.

i agree.. this is such a sharp looking tower. it's beautiful. and equally stunning in black and white (as in real life)

God, that is such a grey, depressing picture. (no offence to the photographer) Do we really need more grey spandrel in this city to add to the gloom?

Many love NYC comparisons, ever seen Manhattan from above this time of year on a gloomy day? Same thing.

Back