Can't get over how green it is.
Speaking of which, any bets on when the transit bridge will get its first mow?

20240521_165948-01.jpeg

Not to be too cynical but is Villiers Island just going to be the next City Place?

I think there are a few things going for Villers Island that will make it more successful than CityPlace.

- Waterfront parks, including destination-style parks, which will get a lot of visitors
- Some office buildings and proximity to employment areas will give it more life at lunch hour
- No Concord Adex 🎉

I think there are a few things going for Villers Island that will make it more successful than CityPlace.

- Waterfront parks, including destination-style parks, which will get a lot of visitors
- Some office buildings and proximity to employment areas will give it more life at lunch hour
- No Concord Adex 🎉
with the last point being 95% of the reason for optimism

I went to CityPlace this winter to take my son to the indoor playground at the community centre, and it has really changed a lot over the last five years or so. Much more life, retail, atmosphere.
That community centre is great! The rooftop patio has really unique views! The thing about CityPlace is that when it started to be built there wasn’t much around it so it was barren but 20 years later the city has grown up around it. The Well will make a big difference as it is a two minute walk from there.

Last edited:
Liberty Village feels much worse than City Place, just without the height. But in answer to the question- ya. I imagine it’s gonna suck. I appreciate them mixing the residential with stuff like a school and daycare, brings traffic and life that will drive retail. How bullish anyone is with building new office space I dunno. T3 Bayside still doesn’t have its companion building on the go. Innovation centre still without a ground level tenant years on.

Team density seems to be winning, to what end I dunno. Tightly packed towers separated by woonefs and $17 Instagram ice cream shops that go out of business after a season? A packed stack of towers with glass lobby lined streets *shrug*

I do wish they’d line up plans for the silo grounds and north of Keating, because I’d like to know if we’re getting an attraction. We might get something cooking if we get a museum or music venue (like what was once discussed for the Foundry, or hell- who remembers Metronome?). Then build that red brick tunnel from the distillery and figure out how to move folks over Lake Shore. Some thoughts anyhow

I lived in CityPlace for a few years (15 Fort York) and I loved it. I think it's way better than Liberty Village. I was on the 40th floor had a parking spot. Easy to get out of there by car or walking or cycling. I thought it was great. Would happily still live there today if I hadn't bought a house.

I lived in CityPlace for a few years (15 Fort York)

I did security there from 2014 to 2016!

Lovely building except for the dead body, shooting, massive flood and balcony fire.

Not all at the same time but someone OD'd in Unit 801 there.

I distinctly recall one of my colleagues calling me at 3 am to tell me he was looking out of the window hearing "pop, pop, pop" in the courtyard below the lobby.

He claimed it was loud and people were running everywhere. He asked me what to do, I can't believe I had to tell him to hit the deck and get away from the window.

The flood was bad. Shut down all 4 elevators for a week because of a blown fire standpipe on the roof.

Dorian and Ilir were the Managers at the time.

Back