So what I’m reading is that the two of you were in Cityplace at the same time as a lot of crime…hrm… (cleans monocle)… you don’t say

Back in the day CityPlace was.. interesting?

I have *alot* of stories from my time there that are not fit for public consumption.

Some you wouldn't believe, others that make hooker harveys look good.

I am fully aware that the yellow plants are likely weeds but I like the colour. 😂 Taken 1 June.

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3055.jpeg
IMG_3054.jpeg
IMG_3053.jpeg
IMG_3051.jpeg
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg

Are these playground features designed by Earthscape? They have a very Earthscape feel to them but the project isn't listed on their website.

Are these playground features designed by Earthscape? They have a very Earthscape feel to them but the project isn't listed on their website.
I can't think of anyone else with such a recognizable style. Their "logjam" aesthetic shows up with the other play structures too. It's gotta be them. It isn't mentioned in WT's press release either, so maybe they are coordinating an announcement when the project is closer to completion.

20240531_181818.jpg

20240531_181813.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I do worry about, because I love that raccoon so much now- is the chance for vandalism.

I remember stumbling across Sherbourne Commons shortly after it was built, right in the middle of nothing. But its playground was far simpler than this.

With nobody populating Villiers for a decade, and no “eyes on the street”- these guys are truly in the middle of nowhere and unprotected. So I hope they’re fire resistant at least. Late Friday and Saturdays along Cherry have long been a sight along the route to Rebel/Cabana so I can only imagine the overnight hangouts

That being said, I would like duplicates of all the large animals because I kinda DO wanna see what they’d look like with cool graffiti on them.

Spotted this creature after the fact when I examined this photo taken last evening (yellow arrow). Was monitoring the empty barge departing from Parliament slip project. And new photos taken just now. And wonderful bumping into @globalexpress !

View attachment 568724

View attachment 568725

View attachment 568726

View attachment 568728

View attachment 568729

Perhaps these are dragonflies?

View attachment 568730

The greening is wonderful to see.

View attachment 568731

Corktown Commons to the Lower Don Lands is going to be quite the "Playground Crawl." Maybe parents can find a way to tie in alcohol.

Back