Camera conspiracy over.

IMG_6647.png

I like the TRC gauging data. @Parkdalian

IMG_6650.jpeg

Camera conspiracy over.

View attachment 580873

I like the TRC gauging data. @Parkdalian

View attachment 580908

So based on the above, the Don is ~3.3M or just a bit over 10ft above normal height.

That would correspond with an image from the Beauty of the Don FB group by Stephen J. Shpak from which I plucked this still of Taylor Creek below the Don Valley Parkway bridge. Note that there is normally a bike path under that bridge....

1721158580333.png

Pinnacle Centre, not Pinnacle One Yonge, seemed to have a power outage last night, the whole tower was blacked out. The parking lot (which is overground) had flashing lights. I have pictures but I’ll post them later probably on the Pinnacle One Yonge thread.
I posted the pics on the Pinnacle One Yonge thread. You can see what I was talking about.

Is the speed at which they pull the plug still because of how sensitive everything is right now?

I think that caution was just for the initial flooding of the new river valley. I assume the speed is now just because it takes a while to remove a sturdy concrete-and-steel retaining wall that's mostly underwater.

Reactions: DSC
Here's a genuine question (not being snarky) why were NONE of the big massive red plastic gates that they installed a few years ago (and are huge eye sores) not in use today? None were closed. Just orange pylons across the road right were the open gates stood. If not for this event, what are they waiting for?

Dumb question...

For any insurance folks in this thread, if you knowingly drive your car into a huge flooded road what type of claim will that be? This was not a flash flood where unsuspecting motorists were hit with a wall of water. These people just drove straight into the ponds. Kind of the equivalent of intentionally driving into a brick wall.

Dumb question...

For any insurance folks in this thread, if you knowingly drive your car into a huge flooded road what type of claim will that be? This was not a flash flood where unsuspecting motorists were hit with a wall of water. These people just drove straight into the ponds. Kind of the equivalent of intentionally driving into a brick wall.
Same energy as “officer, I was hit by a parked car”

Here's a genuine question (not being snarky) why were NONE of the big massive red plastic gates that they installed a few years ago (and are huge eye sores) not in use today? None were closed. Just orange pylons across the road right were the open gates stood. If not for this event, what are they waiting for?
I think there was a question at the mayoral presser on not closing the DVP - I think an investigation is coming. I recall that the forecast called for rain but nowhere near this much - the warning came late.

Having said that I wonder how much on the ground monitoring there is for the DVP.

AoD

Back