I live in cityplace and usually go to the rabba for most things. I'm probably overpaying.. but meh, it's uber-convienient.

If you have a car I find the dominion at king/strachan quite convienient also. It's only a 2-3 minute drive, and they have free parking. They're also open 24 hours as an added bonus. There's also the T&T down on cherry street, but again you'll need a car.

However once the Sobey's in the new cityplace building at front/spadina opens, that will be your most convienient option... easily walking distance. And I would think it will definitely be open within 2 years.

Plus you'll get that new LCBO at king/spadina, which is another bonus.

August 11

Looking north towards King West and Mountain Equipment Co-op.
2757072029_95f2a667af_b.jpg

2757072033_b31e19bd46_b.jpg

Looking northwest with glas and the Hudson in the background.
2757072047_aa8d69dd53_b.jpg

What is the hold up with advancement of the construction / digging the big hole? They have been at it for 4 months and it looks like all they have done is put 75% of steel girders into the perimeter of the property.

Soil issues would have been addressed before a building permit was issued...you would think they would want to accomplish as much as possible while the good weather is here...
Frustrating.....

They don't need good weather to dig.

How many levels deep is this one going?

What is the hold up with advancement of the construction / digging the big hole? They have been at it for 4 months and it looks like all they have done is put 75% of steel girders into the perimeter of the property.

Check out the new issue of TORONTO LIFE Real Estate Guide Page 110.
It gives the completion date for M5V as 2011 !!!

Goddaym...

That's one hell of a tower. Nice shots, thanks!

When is the estimated completion date for this puppy?

Goddaym...

That's one hell of a tower. Nice shots, thanks!

When is the estimated completion date for this puppy?

You know, the answer to that is given in the post immediately before the one with the model photos. Do a little reading!

You know, the answer to that is given in the post immediately before the one with the model photos. Do a little reading!

Does anyone happen to know the reason why the completion date has been
extended to 2011?

I thought it had just been extended to November 2010--another delay is very
discouraging.

Assuming that it actually has been rescheduled into early or mid 2011, it can continue to be rescheduled as they progress (or not). There can be any number of reasons for delays including the availability of work crews or equipment, materials, unforeseen geo-technical issues, or strikes, financing issues...

Waiting for a large new condo to be finished requires patience in this city.

Back