I just realized what a coup Telus has struck... They're going to get millions of dollars of free advertising by having their building located in this square. A nice prominent logo will show up on TV and of course the thousands of fans passing and congregating through the square will be exposed to Telus as well.

They'll get many of the benefits of sponsorship, without being a sponsor! :)

Except for you know, having to build a whole building to do so :p

Well, they had to build it somewhere. It's the location that I think was a stroke of genius or a happy coincidence on their part.

While I love the height and narrowness of these towers, I continue to be a little sour on the greenish-white squares that are used on the corners...don't they seem a little bit like an afterthought? To me they make the tower look far too busy...I'm a little surpised that this came from KPMB.

While I love the height and narrowness of these towers, I continue to be a little sour on the greenish-white squares that are used on the corners...don't they seem a little bit like an afterthought? To me they make the tower look far too busy...I'm a little surpised that this came from KPMB.

I thought that KPMB did the base and that Page + Steele did the towers. Anyone know?

I'm not so sure I like those squares either. I'll wait until it's finished and I see it in person to really judge it.

I thought that KPMB did the base and that Page + Steele did the towers. Anyone know?

I believe KPMB were responsible for looks and layout, while P+S were responsible for making it withstand the forces of gravity and the wind, etc.

/\ No, that would be the structural engineer. KPMB is responsible for the overall design and most of the preliminary drawings - the 'look' as you termed it, while P+S does all the nitty-gritty work like exchanging drawings with the various enginners and the contractors...the details no one wants to CAD.

Ohhhh! Suckers.

22 May 2009 photo update

One hour ago:

dsc00528e.jpg

I like the fade out shaving style of buildings as they approach the CN Tower; makes it look bigger ;)

I rather like how the CN tower, arguably the symbol of Toronto known around the world, boldly stands above it's neighbours so tall and proud for over 3 decades.

Back