I rather like how the CN tower, arguably the symbol of Toronto known around the world, boldly stands above it's neighbours so tall and proud for over 3 decades.

I think it illegitimizes the rest of the growing skyline. For many, the rest of Toronto's skyscrapers are an afterthought compared to the CN Tower. Personally, there's a need for a supertall to compliment such a gargantuan structure. There's just too much of an imbalance.

I think it illegitimizes the rest of the growing skyline. For many, the rest of Toronto's skyscrapers are an afterthought compared to the CN Tower. Personally, there's a need for a supertall to compliment such a gargantuan structure. There's just too much of an imbalance.

Ya I don't really care one way or another about supertalls, just well designed highrises if they're going to dominate the skyline - and enough green glass already.
My point really is if a supertall comes our way downtown next cycle or after that I don't think I'd like to see one sitting next to the CN tower. I wouldn't really care where, but not next to it, or too close to it.

I wouldn't want it right beside it either but i want something to kind of not be dwarfed by it (look at all the ofice Buildings). Can someone do a render to show Fcp, scotia, cibc, Bce place and The rest, in a city like calgary or vancouver it would show how big these look without it being in the photo and how much they get dwarfed. We already did this before and we proved that the skyline looks taller without the cn but definatly not as unique.

Last edited:
3558694610_990cba4805_b.jpg

I wouldn't want it right beside it either but i want something to kind of not be dwarfed by it (look at all the ofice Buildings). Can someone do a render to show Fcp, scotia, cibc, Bce place and The rest, in a city like calgary or vancouver it would show how big these look without it being in the photo and how much they get dwarfed. We already did this before and we proved that the skyline looks taller without the cn but definatly not as unique.

I recall seeing a photoshopped image (I believe in SSP or SSC) of the Vancouver skyline with the Toronto MINT towers added at their correct relative sizes. It was an eye-opener, because the Toronto buildings completely dwarfed the Vancouver highrises. Only the Vancouver Shangri-La came close, and even it looked kind of runty next to the Toronto buildings.

By the way, really nice pics.
Now that all these glass towers have been built down there, I kind of dont mind those 2-3 precast/brick buildings on Queens Quay.:)

Last edited:
in the centre of podium there is a gap, I do not know if they have designated that space for an outdoor pool or just rooftop patio in the summer time? does anyboday have any idea about that gap

On the third floor one side is an outdoor spa area for the hotel, and on the other side is a play area for the daycare. The fourth floor has a green roof, and the ninth/tenth has some outdoor amenity space for the condos.

Back