30 July 2009 photo update

Back from 3 weeks on the road, I find MLS appears taller than the Successfully ugly tower nearby:

dsc06687r.jpg

from telus and rbc...

Attachments

• mls from rbc roof 2.jpg
    mls from rbc roof 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 279
  • mls from rbc roof.jpg
    mls from rbc roof.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 263
  • mls from rbc.jpg
    mls from rbc.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 345
  • mls from telus 2.jpg
    mls from telus 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 244
  • mls from telus 3.jpg
    mls from telus 3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 294
  • mls from telus 4.jpg
    mls from telus 4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 247
:eek::eek: Those are some amazing shots of MLS, dcaley. So much detail! How did you get in the Telus building. I take it you work in there?

Keep em coming.

August 1st Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Saturday, August 1st:

img7361.jpg

Here are the towers from the west side (sorry about the rough quality):

img7644w.jpg

img7397.jpg

Ritz peeking through the middle there.

Last edited:
No. I believe that's considered to be part of the 10-storey podium. I could be wrong through.

The first residential floor is the 11th floor in each building. That would be the first line of balconies appear

Makes sense. So why is the southwest tower still adding a residential storey if it's already at the 50th floor? Aren't the towers 50 and 54 storeys plus mechanicals including the 10 storey base?

Last edited:
I count the south tower as being 49 structural storeys complete. The first balcony being the 10th floor.

I thought the first residential floor was the 11th? That's what the floorplans start at.

The city drawing shows 40 floors of condos in the south tower and 44 floors of condos in the south tower. For simplicity they may start numbering both towers at 11, but in actuality on the south tower its only the 10th floor (because the higher ceilings in the office section meant that there's fewer floors in the south podium).

So I guess the "tenth floor" is the outdoor space on the roof of the podium, and the "ninth floor" for condo dwellers will be indoor amenity space (the pool's up there as well), but oddly enough the ninth floor will have a wall cutting off a large section of it, and the divided part will probably be numbered as eight for office leasing purposes

August 2 2009 update

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Back