by me

sany1431.jpg

4126148906_d7986abb72_b.jpg

sany1428.jpg

EDIT: Adding more pictures

Last edited:
... and a pioneering venture like Harbour Square - which reconceptualized the waterfront as a place to live - is increasingly lost as these new towers go up ... and up.

... and a pioneering venture like Harbour Square - which reconceptualized the waterfront as a place to live - is increasingly lost as these new towers go up ... and up.

I don't see this as a bad thing, now the whole area is way better than before.

Only the Western Gap, that's all that's necessary to provide access to the airport. :rolleyes:

MLS will (IMO) go down as an "iconic" development. Two residential towers, above a very significant amount of office space, above a very significant amount of commercial space, attached to the city's primary sports and entertainment venue. I don't think there is anything else like it, or will be any time soon. The ACC can already take very significant credit for extending the downtown core south of the Gardiner. The area was pretty much a wasteland until the ACC arrived ten years ago.

The lakefront Canada Malting Silos are markers for an earlier industrial age, with the Power Plant and Terminal Warehouse buildings ahead of them as examples of successful re-use of structures from that era. Planned in the '60s, Harbour Square was the first residential development down there, a true outrider, and significant in that it generated a rethink of the harbour as a residential realm. Similarly, 1 Yonge was a bold forerunner for office development, and will be as revered as Harbour Square eventually.

Planned in the '60s, Harbour Square was the first residential development down there, a true outrider, and significant in that it generated a rethink of the harbour as a residential realm. Similarly, 1 Yonge was a bold forerunner for office development, and will be as revered as Harbour Square eventually.

I am very satisfied with the choice I made to buy here, at 33 HS, the quality of materials used and the size of the apartments are much better than todays buildings. Yes, I know that lots of people hate it for blocking the view to the lake, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
I heard on the news this morning that the city has ordered
MLSE to remove the blue maple leaf's from sidewalks downtown.
They say it violates a bylaw that does not allow advertising on sidewalks

They look good by the ACC its a shame

Impact from a far

These towers make quite a surprising impact-- for some reason it always shocks me when I see them from St. George and College. :)

Back