I somehow doubt that the sidewalk/pedestrian area along University is going to be that large. That looks to me to be like 60 feet - just doesn't seem like there is room.

p5

LOL, it's like playing Where's Waldo... still looking for the guy in the red golf shirt.

Let's see, I can find in both renders:

1) Woman in light-coloured clothing with a large bookbag, holding a grey coat over her right arm, walking away and to the right -- in the foreground of both renders.

2) Couple wearing light-coloured pants and dark coat (man) and dress (woman) in an awkward-looking pose, image flipped between renders -- in the foreground of both renders.

3) Couple at the extreme right of both renders -- man wearing all light-coloured clothing, woman wearing green top and grey shorts.

4) Woman wearing pink skirt, walking directly away from 'observer'.

5) Woman in black top and grey skirt, carrying dark-coloured jacket in left arm, walking toward 'observer' -- in right distance in top render, in middle foreground in bottom render.

6) Group of four people, including two men, one in black pants and dark jacket and the other in pink shirt, both facing left, and two figures, including woman holding large white shopping bag facing right -- in center distance in top render, and just right of TTC sign in bottom render.

7) Two men in black pants and jacket over white shirt, walking toward 'observer' -- in distance just to left of figure #1 in top render, and to left of TTC sign in bottom render.

Wow, this corner is going to look great.

I'm really pleased they are keeping an extra wide sidewalk front here to complement the space on the other side of the road. Otherwise they would have partially blocked the view of the Queen's Park building looking northward.

It's going to be a nice space.

Mars cranes are in...

Hey guys, I have had the opportunity of a window view from Toronto General Hospital looking out on the Mars site as I was getting a kidney transplant this past week. When I wasn't in a large amount of pain, I was sitting in my massive window watching everything go on. They now have one crane up and running and the other one about to go in, with its foundations fully ready to receive it. This one is finished excavation and is moving along at a good pace. I leave the hospital today so I won't see the site anymore but it was a nice thing for a construction/building enthusiast to have to take ones mind off of the main of an operation.

Cheers,
A newly improved mckarisma

PS. I also had a view of 130 Bloor, and 1 bedford's crane, plus in the opposite direction RBC and Shangri-la, so all in all an AMAZINg view from this place. Later.

Taken yesterday:

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg

When the first phase was built, did they excavate this portion of the site as well and put in underground parking? Or does the subway run directly underneath this site? I'm asking because it doesn't look like they excavated much at all, especially for a building as large and tall as the one going up.

Edit: Or are they digging deeper still? I'm surprised the crane is up with very little depth to the pit

When the first phase was built, did they excavate this portion of the site as well and put in underground parking? Or does the subway run directly underneath this site? I'm asking because it doesn't look like they excavated much at all, especially for a building as large and tall as the one going up.

Edit: Or are they digging deeper still? I'm surprised the crane is up with very little depth to the pit

There is only two floors of basement on this site, and I don't even know about their parking lot if any.

Cheers!

Back