That may as well just be a box massing. From what I recall those images were prepared simply to show "test fit" of the parking lot there to show the City how another tower could still fit on the property.

Close up on the top from earlier today.
1000012230.jpg

McMaster is not funding this building or the Lincoln Alexander Hall. These buildings are funded by Knightstone Capital Management Inc. Funding for the next building will depend on Knightstone. They may want the rent sooner than later. Knightstone manages over $1.5 billion dollars in developments, so it has much deeper pockets than McMaster.

I would guess it's a pretty preliminary design and wouldn't take more credence to it -- more just reference for scale.
I work in the industry, and I can say this is unlikely to be for reference only. For super preliminary designs, it would really just be a block massing. This has clearly been through some level of design.

I think I or someone else posted the docs earlier in the thread, but I think it was fewer than this building. Something around 500 units.
That would be substantial shot in the arm for downtown with young people patronizing restaurants, bars, Jackson Square etc

All of these Development projects with hundreds of units/residents will help downtown Hamilton rejuvenate.

That would be substantial shot in the arm for downtown with young people patronizing restaurants, bars, Jackson Square etc

All of these Development projects with hundreds of units/residents will help downtown Hamilton rejuvenate.
Too gad they gotta walk that god awful unfriendly unwalkable stretch from AGH to the bank

Also if that's the final render for the "addition" that's disappointing.

Also this stretch desperately needs some trees. I wonder if those boxes will contain trees or just flowerbeds, or both? I mean they at least added a lot of greenery space potential - so kudos to them for that.

Too gad they gotta walk that god awful unfriendly unwalkable stretch from AGH to the bank

Also if that's the final render for the "addition" that's disappointing.

Also this stretch desperately needs some trees. I wonder if those boxes will contain trees or just flowerbeds, or both? I mean they at least added a lot of greenery space potential - so kudos to them for that.
Definitely not final. I just said it clearly has been through an initial design phase at an architecture firm. You can tell by the cladding system that they've used in the model.

Thousands! Lol

Back