Definitely not final. I just said it clearly has been through an initial design phase at an architecture firm. You can tell by the cladding system that they've used in the model.
You mean they just slapped it together in autodesk revit with preset stuff? :p Perish the thought! :p

Nothing beats the Platinum wind tunnel. They seriously need to change the wind studies to more heavily punish designs that don't reduce wind effects at ground. There are now multiple places around this area where it is legitimately terrible to walk certain times of the year.

Makes me wonder how ‘dangerous’ the wind study found 213 King W to be.

I remember that design was initially sent back due to potential for dangerous wind conditions.

Whatever gets built at 165 Main W will have to be designed to alleviate this burgeoning wind tunnel. I don’t think the current design will alleviate anything (it’s pretty awful all around).

Looks like they're cleaning up the site and placing soil in the planters, from yesterday:
1000005513.jpg

1000005514.jpg

Once some nice big trees line that side it'll look a lot better - that's a nice wide sidewalk/boulevard area.

Thanks, Interesting that the City would be on the hook to do that. One would think it would be all on the developer.

Thanks, Interesting that the City would be on the hook to do that. One would think it would be all on the developer.
It might be paid for by the developer, but it's on the city's ROW so it may require waiting for their timing for contractors to do multiple sites at once. I'm not sure of the process.

Typically the developer does it, and the city only approves the plans.

The city does take a letter of credit for any landscaping works proposed within the public right of way, which is basically the expected cost of completing the works held in trust, in case the developer fails to complete the work. The letter of credit is released at permit closure.

The delay here is likely because of a materials backlog, if I had to guess.

Typically the developer does it, and the city only approves the plans.

The city does take a letter of credit for any landscaping works proposed within the public right of way, which is basically the expected cost of completing the works held in trust, in case the developer fails to complete the work. The letter of credit is released at permit closure.

The delay here is likely because of a materials backlog, if I had to guess.
Might also be weather related. For that block installation it requires leveling sand/rock, and wetting and tamping then mortar filled in which is all temperature dependent.

Back