I mean I wouldn't want my water to be cloudy either. But it was caused by coliform bacteria, which is 100% harmless and generally resolves on its own. To call this "horrific quality of life issues" is a tad much. Mac is taking the necessary steps to address the issue, and I don't know what more can be expected of them 🤷‍♂️
There's also been numerous issues with workers entering units without warning, sometimes students are in the shower and stuff.

I don't know, I wouldn't want to be living there for a high premium.

IMG_2373.png

Light features around the ground floor.

There's also been numerous issues with workers entering units without warning, sometimes students are in the shower and stuff.

I don't know, I wouldn't want to be living there for a high premium.
It's more than just bad water quality they can't even drink, and workers not following right to privacy/prior notification of work to be done before entering units.

"Issues with mail services, heating and air conditioning.
No access to indoor parking that was promised.
A bug infestation in the laundry room and multiple mouse sightings in the building.
Unauthorized people getting access to the building despite security.
Some rooms had vents missing or vents that were plastered over."

One of the grad students:
"Would you live in an incomplete apartment for $1,390 a month with a roommate?"

It's an embarrassment and all of the issues need to rectified immediately.
This is a new build tower that cost $100M to build for McMaster Grad students, not some decades old, run down tenement building owned by a slumlord.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/mcmaster-downtown-residence-building-issues-1.7051047

coliform bacteria, which is 100% harmless and generally resolves on its own
Uh. I don't know how much watermain work you've done that's not how it works. Coliform is an indicator, and the whole system needs to get flushed and disinfected, and then retested. Doesn't 100% mean the water was bad but you don't fuck around with water quality like that, especially on a large multi-unit building.

Is the 'r' not lighting up?
Seems like it. Thought it was maybe a crane arm for installing cladding and for window cleaning blocking it, but as I walked down King it appeared to just not be on. That was the first night it was on though so they may have just not finished installing the lights.

Back