lights on throughout the building late last night when I drove by with activity going on, also Mac has its lobby sign up on the building

ooh seeing some of that gold glow on that little strip of sunrise/sunset - very nice

the lobby def has a toronto vibe feel to it.
:)

2011 vs. 2023

G4Gvp3U.jpg

Google Street View

9/3/2023 by Joe, on Flickr

Ooh I love the brick colour :)

omg.. I just realized they're stacking the brick and slightly angling it out each time for the top part, hence the angled metal pieces which the brick is butt up against..

PATTERNED BRICK?? IN HAMILTON?? WHAT IS THIS, THE 1800S?!?

Ahh thank god, I never thought I'd see brick patterning return outside of core urban...

finally.. some level of craftsmanship.. *wipes away tear*

at least.. I THINK that's what I am seeing *peers closer* it's hard to tell in parts.. yeah I think it's right, that pillar does have a triangular fitting for the bricks to taper off into.. very excited to see this. I love brick patterning. The original render made this area look like more gold panels so its hard to know if its just gonna be blue brick all the way up instead...

Last edited:
I don't know if it was clear from the renders what was to be above the glass here, but turns out it's brick travelling at a backward slant held up ulby these metal trusses.

Kind of hard to see in the photo, but if you look between the scaffolding you can see the reverse brick pattern move backward away from the first floor face toward the street. Pleasantly surprised with much of the materiality of this development. Still curious what they'll be doing with the parking garage visible through the vents above. It looks like they still plan for something there. I wonder if there will be a black grate behind for airflow but to cover the cinder blocks.

1000000859.jpg

yeah they'll probably cover it up with semi-opaque glass or something cuz it looks weird right now..

but yeah I noticed the brick slant too and was pleasantly surprised about it :)

I think the blue grey brick finish will prevent it from looking dated over time.

The glass imo still feels.. too tall.. like some awnings would really help that stretch. It feels.. naked.

Back