News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

MuchMusic is coming back – on TikTok

June 10, 2021

I really miss the old Much Music circa 90s early 2000s. Intimate And Interactive was one of my favorite shows on MuchMusic. I used to go down there and watch it in person. I saw so many of my fave artists and bands with my face pressed against the glass at MuchMusic headquarters. 299 Queen St was always buzzing with activity back then. It wasn't the soulless corporate showroom that it is today.

I think it was called Daily Planet - anchored by Jay Ingram and Ivan Semeniuk was one of the reporters I believe. I think Discovery fared a bit better than TLC, the latter turned pretty much all unreality TV.

Remember the early days of the whole 500 (tv) channel talk - we ended up with that - but 500 channels of c**p.

AoD

That was a good show, and actually informative. Was Discovery or TLC the channel that used to air Connections, a science and history focused series hosted by the wonderfully quirky Edmund Burke?

And remember when the History Channel aired actual shows about, you know...history?

It's disgusting what has happened to all these channels. They've all lost their souls. The good stuff is now all on streaming. Why does anyone even have cable anymore?

That was a good show, and actually informative. Was Discovery or TLC the channel that used to air Connections, a science and history focused series hosted by the wonderfully quirky Edmund Burke?

And remember when the History Channel aired actual shows about, you know...history?

It's disgusting what has happened to all these channels. They've all lost their souls. The good stuff is now all on streaming. Why does anyone even have cable anymore?

Yup - it was by James Burke. Don't remember which channel it aired on though. I do remember Amazing Space on TLC - narrated by Mark Leonard (Sarak - of Star Trek fame). I am still on bit of a mission to find out if the soundtrack for the show is available.

I think the one channel that stayed consist was actually PBS - Nova is just as good (if not better now) than it was before.

AoD

Yup - it was by James Burke. Don't remember which channel it aired on though. I do remember Amazing Space on TLC - narrated by Mark Leonard (Sarak - of Star Trek fame). I am still on bit of a mission to find out if the soundtrack for the show is available.

I think the one channel that stayed consist was actually PBS - Nova is just as good (if not better now) than it was before.

AoD

Wow, he's still at it - a new series, Connections 21, will air in January of 2022 (definitely not on TLC though!)

Sportsnet has fired Joey Vendetta from 590 The Fan radio in Toronto after after he Tweeted this out on Canada Day:

1625326627137.png

The guy actually Tweeted out an apology... this morning, 48 hours later, an obviously desperate move when he realised the axe was already on the way down.

Last edited:
Arkells' new music video was filmed at the Dufferin Mall No Frills store:

So what's happening at The Star these days?

Sylvia Plath always wore red lipstick. Does it matter?

Ill skip to the final paragraph for you:

Few would deny the power that women have claimed in the 60 years since Plath’s death. But the pandemic has rocked that foundation: Women have left the workforce in record numbers; domestic violence rates have surged. The luckiest among us has often felt under siege, powerless. In this context, lipstick could seem like the ultimate symbol of frivolity. If we wore it over the past year, it was often reduced to a blurred stain on the inside of a mask, a Rorschach test of hope versus futility. And yet, as we emerge into some version of the future, there is something defiantly alive about a slick of ripe red. Like Plath’s Lady Lazarus, we are reborn. Plath’s poetry offers an illuminating way to consider the experience of women: externally salad-eating and water-drinking; internally, aflame. What face will we choose to show?
Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries In The Snow, $8, walmart.ca
Launched in 1953, Cherries in the Snow remains Revlon’s most iconic shade and a bestseller (according to the brand, one tube sells every four minutes).

They literally wrote about her suicide to use as cover for an advertorial for low cost lipstick at Wal Mart

Last edited:
Is CFRB 1010 part of that? I wouldn't mind seeing the bulk of their talk radio hosts culled...

Peter Silverman has died at 90.

Back