News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Danielle Graham leaves CTV's eTalk after 15 years as she's among this year's round of Bell Media layoffs:

While on this topic, former TSN host Dan O'Toole spoke in February about his time since being laid off last year by Bell Media:

Her success is great, but admitting she had never seen Citizen Kane was shocking.

Why? She's only 23. I would not expect her to have seen it. Very few people her age have.

Ya, I'm in my 30's as well and have never seen it. My only reference for it is the SImpsons.

Toronto radio host John Derringer was absent from his position on Q107's 'Derringer in the Morning' Tuesday after former colleague Jennifer Valentyne posted a lengthy video on social media over the weekend alleging harassment and gender discrimination within the workplace.

In the nearly thirteen-minute-long video, Valentyne doesn’t name specific companies or individuals, but details events in which she says she was the victim of verbal abuse, gender discrimination and workplace harassment, along with having her physical health jeopardized. She also claims to have previously filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

Much of what she (and others) have described I would view as obnoxious, entitled and unprofessional behavior.

That Corus' initial way of dealing w/this was to offer Jenn a different job with a pay cut does not speak well for them.

Worth adding, the list of personalities having now come out AFTER Jenn's public complaint to say 'Amen'; is rather annoying.

If one of them had had the courage to fight many years earlier, this situation would likely have been addressed with far fewer 'victims'.

I get that that's easy to say when its not your job on the line; but as someone who has walked away from a job for far less, I'm challenged to let that go; for people
who weren't financially desperate.

Good on Jenn for standing up for herself!

Danielle Graham leaves CTV's eTalk after 15 years as she's among this year's round of Bell Media layoffs:

While on this topic, former TSN host Dan O'Toole spoke in February about his time since being laid off last year by Bell Media:

Danielle Graham is suing Bell Media for gender based discrimination.

Roz Weston also parted ways with Corus (still maintains his Rogers contract), wonder if he was given an ultimatum, as he was one of very few who have had contracts with 2 different/competing corporations.

CTV has abruptly ended the contract of Lisa LaFlamme and let her go.

'a business decision' eh?

I wonder what motivated it?

The obvious would be a desire to put someone younger in the chair to try to shift advertising demos; I'd be surprised if there's a whole lot of money to be saved by replacing her w/different on-air talent.

But there could be other motivations.

Regardless, this doesn't appear to be have been handled well by them.

Back