How high are they now? (waiting for Adma to insert Snoop Dogg reference)

At first, I thought this project would have more of a skyline presence and less of a street presence. However, looking at the fit and finish of the bottom 4 floors and not realizing how tall that hulking Greenwin slab really was, the Minto towers really have had the opposite effect on me. They're not really that tall, but they look damn good at ground level.

More Midtown

minoto3vp1.jpg

minto4py8.jpg

courtesy of BigGr8C on flickr.com

from the west end minto midtown looks much shorter than that huge office tower at y+e. One more floor and the north tower will have surpassed the south tower in height! Not as drab as ROCP but what I'd like to see going forward: bold and beautiful colour!

As far as skylines go, the south tower pretty much blends in with the offices across the street. But not from a decently elevated N/S perspective, however, where the south tower already slightly soars above Yonge Street...the north tower promises to be *very* visible.

anyone know when the first occupancies in the south tower are set to begin?

I'm part of a facebook group for Minto Midtown. Only 7 people in it right now. Earliest date I've seen for move in is September 18. So first people are moving in in about a month, maybe sooner.

Mary

The gracefulness of SOM's design details have been lost at the top of the south tower

If I recall correctly, the sacrificial tower to local fearmongering about height was the south tower. I bet many of those who complained so bitterly about this building probably don't pay it that much attention anymore. Had they not turned it into an issue (and a one issue election campaign), we might have had an even more elegant-looking building.

I'm part of a facebook group for Minto Midtown. Only 7 people in it right now. Earliest date I've seen for move in is September 18. So first people are moving in in about a month, maybe sooner.

Mary

whats the facebook group name? i couldnt find a group for minto midtown............

and....

When you figure the north tower will be 40 Meters taller than the south, it will really dominate this mini node in the next few months.

Back