So they're recommending approval. Good to see this one moving forward. I like the redesign.

Usually I will receive such an email from Adam Vaughan, but didn't get any related with this proposal.

There will be no additional community meetings regarding this project. If you still wish to give your opinion, you can go and depute before council when it is making its decision (/votes to approve the amendment to the by-law).

We need 100 more of these (not exact architecture of course, just similar built form) all over the city. Here's to hoping it goes through no problem.

NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
To beheld by the Toronto and East York Community Council
(Under the Planning Act)
Request to Amend the Zoning By-law Application No.:11-230641 STE 18OZ
Applicant: Minto Urban Communities
Location of Application: 576, 578 and 580 Front Street West, 25 and 27 Bathurst Street and 33, 35 and 49 Niagara Street
DATE: June 13, 2012
TIME: 10:00a.m. (or as soon as possible thereafter)
PLACE: City Hall - 100 Queen Street West, Second Floor, Committee Room 1

NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
To beheld by the Toronto and East York Community Council
(Under the Planning Act)
Request to Amend the Zoning By-law Application No.:11-230641 STE 18OZ
Applicant: Minto Urban Communities
Location of Application: 576, 578 and 580 Front Street West, 25 and 27 Bathurst Street and 33, 35 and 49 Niagara Street
DATE: June 13, 2012
TIME: 10:00a.m. (or as soon as possible thereafter)
PLACE: City Hall - 100 Queen Street West, Second Floor, Committee Room 1

Thanks man

This has passed through Community Council.

At 1,200 proposed units, this is one bloated project.

I don't think the number of units is a measure we should be using to judge the worthiness of a proposal (inadequate infrastructure for that number of residents would be a weak argument what with it being on a streetcar line, a block away from an expressway and really not that far from Union).

I don't think the number of units is a measure we should be using to judge the worthiness of a proposal (inadequate infrastructure for that number of residents would be a weak argument what with it being on a streetcar line, a block away from an expressway and really not that far from Union).

Dont forget that this so called bloaded project will be built on a quite a large piece of land

I think the number of units is a measure when it jumps from 900 to 1,200. That is bloat and excess density - regardless of it being on a streetcar line. Other buildings on or near Bathurst don't approach this plump item.

Back