Not bad for Wallman Architects -- looks like a Teeple design.

Cool branding.

Very cool indeed!

QQePNSv.jpg

From bfront.ca

+1. I have always loved this bridge. I have a thing for keeping industrial relics in the city. But I understand that we are getting a new bridge, at some point. I won't chain myself to the old bridge or anything haha...but I will be sad when it goes. I'm a big fan of the Gardiner, too. Although I realize I'm in the minority here :p

I'm digging this project. So will those sections of the building facing south and west have giant ads on huge TV's displaying the King West lifestyle with ads paid by local companies? It would cut down on condo fees :p

WOW! That Whole Foods will help hugely transform this neighbourhood. Surely it will help bring in a more affluent demo. And with the Rio-Can "high end" retail mall just down the street.
Sales should do very well here.

The bridge looks great, although the surrounding area looks extremely shabby. Hope Bathurst/Front will transform well.

This will be a great addition to this rather quiet stretch of Front Street. I can't wait for a Whole Foods to open here.

The design really reminds me of Umbra's FishCondo, ironically:
img_condo_fish_bowl_2.jpg

still cool though!

I was sad to look out upon my west facing, unobstructed view from Tridel's Reve building (one lot east of the new Minto Front and Bathurst building) and see that there appears to be some activity (i.e., a poster). Anyone know when construction is going to start? I'm all for brining a grocery store into the neighbourhood. But I also have no interest in living in my existing rental once my unobstructed, sunny view turns into first, looking out onto a messy, loud construction zone, and then into 5 feet of space between my neighbour's balcony and mine.

^Don't rush moving out. You are good for about 2 years before anything gets started! Enjoy the views for quite awhile longer. Condos take lot longer to build (from pre-sales to occupancy) than people think. And with the trades maxed out right now...it's taking even longer. Hope that helps!

I was sad to look out upon my west facing, unobstructed view from Tridel's Reve building (one lot east of the new Minto Front and Bathurst building) and see that there appears to be some activity (i.e., a poster). Anyone know when construction is going to start? I'm all for brining a grocery store into the neighbourhood. But I also have no interest in living in my existing rental once my unobstructed, sunny view turns into first, looking out onto a messy, loud construction zone, and then into 5 feet of space between my neighbour's balcony and mine.

I hear Markham doesn't have this problem. Views are temporary in this city, so unless you buy a 50+ floor penthouse, complaining isn't worth the effort.

Back