There won't be an station at Mount Dennis when the UPX opens in 2015. However I believe the design for the new Mount Dennis GO station allows for a UPX platform in 2020-2022. Presumably by then the Weston UPX station will have closed because of a lack of ridership ... or some trains will stop at Mount Dennis instead of Weston.

Or, preferably, someone will have connected the GO line to the airport (as I have said before my preference would be an extended/revamped aiprort people mover at Malton) so that those on Eglinton can transfer to the more affordable GO system and those on the premium-priced UPe can get the express service they paid for.

Like you, I don't expect a long life for stops of the UPe at Weston.

Tomken Station:

MississaugaTransitway_Tomken003.jpg

Source: http://thetransitwayblog.tumblr.com/post/95093986300/tomken-station-wood-panelling

Aug 27
If the City is to get ownership of the transitway on Aug 31 or Sept 4, good luck.

The last time I saw the station 2 weeks ago, not ready and still not.

The road itself has been pave and strip for the last month up to the overpass, but not the off ramp at Dixie.

Dixie still missing flashing and the roof with only a small amount to be done at Tomken.

They were putting pavers down at Dixie and maybe finish by the end of the month, but still a lot of work to be done there.

The platforms signs are up and will have next bus info in them.

Even if the project is a few weeks late, it will have very little impact on training the driver to use it as well getting the run time to come up with a schedule before going into service in Nov.

Apparently construction of the renforth gateway has finally started, the TTC has closed the renforth loop for it according to twitter.
The contract for the construction hasn't been awarded yet, the tender for it just closed two weeks ago. Construction will likely begin 3-4 weeks after award, which should come in the next couple weeks.

Dufferin Construction was the low bidder, at 66 million, the second lowest bid came from Graham Bros Construction at 71 million.

The reason for the hefty price tag for this single station is due to it requiring 3 underpasses to be built for the connecting roadways.

I drive-by Renforth & Eglinton everyday and nothing appears to be closed yet. Site works have proceeded to Commerce boulevard.

As of Friday, the bus loop on Eglinton was still open (is that what you mean by Renforth loop?).

The city has released a promo video for phase 1 of the Transitway.

Open House is on November 15th.

November 17th is officially the date for fare service on the route.

[video=youtube;mM2zafUJhp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM2zafUJhp8[/video]

Great looking stations. This is a first rate BRT system being built and one that should be emulated.

I love the signage used at the stations. I hope they change all the signage at the square one bus terminal to match this high quality looking signage.

From the blog:

MississaugaTransitway_Signage001.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage002.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage004.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage006.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage007.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage008.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage010.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage011.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage012.jpg

MississaugaTransitway_Signage013.jpg

These stations look fantastic!

I hope this will improve getting to Square One (to get on GO Transit) from the Bloor-Danforth line. Prior to this, you'd sit on a local bus for ~40 minutes. Now local bus from the subway to Dixie station, and rapid transit to Square one after that. Nice

Back